You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Brandt has been absolutely superb this season especially after the manager change. Assists for all their 3 goals last week too. Brandt and Steve Bergjwin to rotate between the front 3 we have now. Both have very less release clauses. Brandt can also play the #10 role, I didn't realise he was only 22. One more first team player for CB to replace Matip/ Lovren and we would need a 2nd choice LB, RB and GK. 

As for Firmino's replacement as in when he needs to be rested, this is where I don't have a clear idea who. Werner won't come to be second choice. Brewster will get minutes next season. 

I've been watching Bundesliga a great deal and Jovic would do a job but he would also want to be first choice plus I guess he'll cost a fair bit now. I wouldn't mind his team mate Sebastian Haller though. 14 goals this season and stats not skewed by 5 goals in a single match. Similar number of assists, not too slow, clever and skilful too. He'll give us good ariel presence.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I dunno if I agree that it's non-existent. Let's have a look.

GK

Alisson

Mignolet

Karius

RB

TAA

Gomez

CB

VVD

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

LB

Robbo

NOBODY ELSE AT ALL. SHUT UP. 

Midfield

Wijnaldum

Fabinho

Keita

Oxlade Chamberlain

Milner

Henderson

Lallana 

Attackers

Salah

Firmino

Mane

Sturridge

Origi

So, for me. We need a left back. We need somebody in between attack and midfield, and we need one more quality player up front. So, Chilwell, Isco, and Werner. 

MAKE IT SO.

Karius is on a 2 year loan isn't he? 

You've been a bit cheeky there having Gomez as RB and CB, especially when Clyne comes back he can fill in at both full back positions. Not that I think he will stay. Therefore cover in both full back positions, hopefully one or both of those players can cover Central defence instead of depleting the midfield when injuries hit. 

Potentially need another midfielder too and a top quality attacker

50 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I have a sneaking feeling that Brandt will come in the summer. I'd prefer Havertz but Brandt is apparently available for cheap and I'm pretty sure he'll go somewhere this window.

One of the things I think that will be in Edwards'/Klopp's minds will be that we have a lot of important players who are between 26-28 (Salah, Mane, Firmino, van Dijk, Henderson, Gini). Now, it's great that they're all in their primes right now, but in 2-3 years some of them will start to decline so it's best to get ahead of the aging curve while we have a chance to do so without the pressure of replacing someone amazing.

I think part of that started last summer when we bought Fabinho and Keita, and I think it'll continue this summer. I could see the #10 we pursue being Bruno Fernandes but he's 24 and I think if Brandt is cheaper then at 22 he'll be the first one we go after, just to give us a few more players who are coming into their peaks in 2-3 years right as we start looking to phase out some of the current squad.

It's a great position to be in where we can start to look a few years down the road rather than having a crisis as a crucial player reaches the end of his career. Testament to the great planning our recruitment staff is doing.

For 22m Brandt would be good value. 

Real Madrid and Bayern have relied on the same players without planning ahead even though they were very successful. Bayern have bought Pavard and are favourite to sign Nicolas Pepe. 

After seeing a 2 minute clip of him on Twitter, Lula Jovic would be sensational for us. Big, fast, strong, knows where the net is and bullies centre halves. We need a prime Torres type to take us to anoher level and he fits the bill. 

Balls deep Juergen, balls deep. 

Edit: clip 

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

After seeing a 2 minute clip of him on Twitter, Lula Jovic would be sensational for us. Big, fast, strong, knows where the net is and bullies centre halves. We need a prime Torres type to take us to anoher level and he fits the bill. 

The volley at 0:57...

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mad that. Fucking hell Inter. Don't remember them spending that much 

Spell in the late 90s,early 00 they spent hand over fist on Ronaldo,Crhistian Vieri,Robbie Keane, Nicola Ventola, Seedorf,Toldo etc all bought for huge fees

I think the striker position is the most intriguing by far for us. Absolutely no clue who we would go for, but we clearly will need one. Or will it be more of the wide forward who can also play in the middle type we've recently been going for? That would open up the possibilities. 

Jovic is the obvious one but the whole of Europe is after him. Werner is all but off to Bayern. Icardi will be available, but for us would he be worth the humongous fee? I wouldn't say so. I like Jovic's Frankfurt teammate Haller. Imo, he looks like a more mobile Olivier Giroud. That said, there doesn't seem to be that many great options at striker in the mid 20's range we typically look for. Maybe that means we take a punt on a 20 year old instead? Who knows. 

I think given the dearth of options, we'll probably go wide forward again. 

Well, Bundesliga is throwing up very interesting options.

Ji Dong-won plays as a winger for Augsburg and is very similar to spurs' Son. Scored a brace against Dortmund last week with the second one a cracker of a chip. I liked their other striker Gregoritsch but he is very inconsistent and has gone off the boil this season.

Other one to watch out for in a CM role would be Leipzig's Marcel Sabitzer (his name autocorrected to sanitizer, lol). His stats don't say much but whenever I've seen Leipzig play, he seems to be involved in some capacity for their goal scoring.

Brandt, Havertz, Ginter are all cool options. Brandt is two footed and he's my first choice

3S - You are right about Haller. He's more mobile and has more technical ability than Giroud. He's gonna be a bargain for whoever gets him coz the focus is on Jovic there for now.

Btw, one guy I am not impressed with is Pulisic. I think Chelsea have spent too much on him. Let's see what he does. 

Been watching Grujic and to be frank, he's not a Klopp player in the sense that there's no urgency when he doesn't have the ball. He's seen strolling around most of the time. I would love for it to work out for him but he needs to start working harder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Ji Dong-won plays as a winger for Augsburg and is very similar to spurs' Son. Scored a brace against Dortmund last week with the second one a cracker of a chip. I liked their other striker Gregoritsch but he is very inconsistent and has gone off the boil this season.

Other one to watch out for in a CM role would be Leipzig's Marcel Sabitzer (his name autocorrected to sanitizer, lol). His stats don't say much but whenever I've seen Leipzig play, he seems to be involved in some capacity for their goal scoring.

Brandt, Havertz, Ginter are all cool options. Brandt is two footed and he's my first choice

3S - You are right about Haller. He's more mobile and has more technical ability than Giroud. He's gonna be a bargain for whoever gets him coz the focus is on Jovic there for now.

Btw, one guy I am not impressed with is Pulisic. I think Chelsea have spent too much on him. Let's see what he does. 

Been watching Grujic and to be frank, he's not a Klopp player in the sense that there's no urgency when he doesn't have the ball. He's seen strolling around most of the time. I would love for it to work out for him but he needs to start working harder.

Rumbled. Nice to have you on the forum, Jürgen. 

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Ji Dong-won plays as a winger for Augsburg and is very similar to spurs' Son. Scored a brace against Dortmund last week with the second one a cracker of a chip. 

Good player on FM 2012 for Sunderland and for that reason I'm in.

Sessegnon: 18, English, boyhood Red, 12 months left, about to be relegated (like Robbo and Shaq), can play whole left side. No brainer. 

Cannot understand the obsession

with replacing either Lovren or Matip (Yes, yes; injuries, shite, blah, blah, blah). The only way they should go is if that’s what they want themselves and the only way we should sign a new CB is if someone young and ridiculously good like De Ligt became available on a no-brainer deal; ie, we get a potentially world class player for the next ten years for a non-eye watering fee. 

For me, the priorities are a 10/8 type player (what Fekir would’ve been) and, unless Klopp thinks he can really give serious game time to both Brewster and Wilson, a fourth front three player. 

I wouldn't sell/release anyone bar the obvious (Sturridge, The Moron, Origi, etc) unless we receive a daft offer and they want out. Again, the ditch Hendo/Milner stuff bewilders me and Lallana might as well see out his deal until a kid can replace him as the occasional option he is now or else we take an unnecessary FFP hit. 

This is is a squad which needs very little work in my view. It’s a fine tuning thing now, rather than a “throw money at it” thing. In other words, what Klopp said. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

He's certainly a lot better than me at this kicking the football into the goal lark so for that reason, I'm in.

On 06/01/2017 at 08:32, Reds4Life said:

Julian Brandt is a decent player we should be looking at I think. Offers us something across the front three, good with both feet, good vision, can score a goal and only 21.

Leverkusen haven't been setting the world alight this season and I think they would sell him to us.

Should have bought him two years ago..