You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

15 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

All the Mersey beat journalists seem to be running with it.

There is a masterclass in Orwellian football reporting in that one from Pearce.

Last summer Liverpool had the task of replacing Coutinho but this summer no such issues as no big names leaving.

Errrrr, we still haven’t fucking replaced him, so we have exactly the same issue this summer!

In other words this summer there won't be anyone leaving to fund big transfers. 

We've already got £39m for Ings and Solanke. Add another £10m for Awoniyi who several German clubs are interested in. That should fund a decent forward option. 

More than likely Mignolet, Lallana and Origi will leave which could raise about £30/ £35m, the bulk of it coming from Origi. 

Can't see Clyne coming back so hopefully Bournemouth give us about £15m for him. 

One of Matip or Lovren may leave (hopefully Lovren). 

Then there's all the perma loan players like Kent, Ojo, Ejaria, Chirivella etc. 

I think if decent offers were recieved for Grujic and Wilson they would sell. 

Moreno apparently is going back to Sevilla, then Sturridge, Markovic and Milner all are out of contract. 

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've already got £39m for Ings and Solanke. Add another £10m for Awoniyi who several German clubs are interested in. That should fund a decent forward option. 

More than likely Mignolet, Lallana and Origi will leave which could raise about £30/ £35m, the bulk of it coming from Origi. 

Can't see Clyne coming back so hopefully Bournemouth give us about £15m for him. 

I think if we got decent offers for Grujic and Wilson they would sell. 

Moreno apparently is going back to Sevilla, then Sturridge, Markovic and Milner all are out of contract. 

I wouldn't mind Grujic and Wilson staying with us next season, I feel like they might have something to offer, I reckon they both would have had a bit of game time this season if they were here. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, an tha said:

We will sign somebody, but surely this team is now at the point where we don't need to keep adding and adding for the sake of it. One or two high quality additions, and anybody that leaves to be replaced, and we improve on what is an already fantastic team. We do need a midfielder to link the attack and midfield though. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think if decent offers were recieved for Grujic and Wilson they would sell. 

Markovic has gone.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If Klopp could get Isco motivated he would be an immense signing.

Agreed. He's a hell of a player. 

Thing is, we have some really good midfield players. Fabinho is very good, Keita has been fucking excellent in Germany and shown a few glimpses that he's starting to adapt, Gini is absolutely fucking boss, Hendo and Milner, whilst not the mercurial sort, rarely let you don't. What we miss is the person to bring it all together, some real leadership from the middle. Drive and creativity, too. It was a shame we missed out of Fekir. I hope AOC can continue to grow in there too. And stay fit.

We need somebody with the same level or influence that Fernandinho has at City, or Silva. Not in playing style, but somebody who wants the ball and owns the central areas, or creates things. 

We need a number 10, which he is. 

Chamberlain being fit, or Keita playing well, would give us some drive but not creativity in the way someone like Isco could. Someone like him gives the bus parking dregs of the league something else to think about.

Interesting to see what Klopp does with the midfield in the summer. Maybe Milner goes to Leeds if they're promoted. I'm hoping Lallana and Henderson go, but I doubt it. Certainly with the latter. Grujic will probably be moved on.

Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum and AOC are the four that I expect, and hope, are still here in two years time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

We need a number 10, which he is. 

Chamberlain being fit, or Keita playing well, would give us some drive but not creativity in the way someone like Isco could. Someone like him gives the bus parking dregs of the league something else to think about.

Interesting to see what Klopp does with the midfield in the summer. Maybe Milner goes to Leeds if they're promoted. I'm hoping Lallana and Henderson go, but I doubt it. Certainly with the latter. Grujic will probably be moved on.

Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum and AOC are the four that I expect, and hope, are still here in two years time.

It'd be interesting to see if we could still have 3 up front and accommodate Isco. Probably wouldn't be an issue against teams that just sit in their own half, which is practically every team that comes to Anfield and 80% of the other games. Essentially would be a 4-2-4 at times. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

In other words this summer there won't be anyone leaving to fund big transfers. 

I don't sense Klopp is at odds with the owners over cash. If he wants to spend then I can't imagine they wouldn't support him given his progress. Never mind replacing Coutinho where would we find another manager as good as Klopp ?

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We will sign somebody, but surely this team is now at the point where we don't need to keep adding and adding for the sake of it. One or two high quality additions, and anybody that leaves to be replaced, and we improve on what is an already fantastic team. We do need a midfielder to link the attack and midfield though. 

The team as in first 11 or so is sound...as evidenced by results.

However for me the squad depth is virtually non existent - we have recently put benches out where there wasn't a single defender on it...our forward back up is literally zero.

We have seen consitently with our failures in the domestic cups that when we have to call on our back up players that they are not up to it - would be nice to be able to make 5/6 changes for an fa cup tie and not look like shite, and of course we need to be able to cover our first choice players better/not see such a drop off when rest them....Salah and Mane are going to be stuck in Africa all summer in that AFCON shite, they'll have hardly any decent pre season/are likely to be tired and it would be nice to be able to call on back up thst is up to the job.

Sorting those issues out and some upgrade to give midfield some creativity would be due for me and would do for me.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

The team as in first 11 or so is sound...as evidenced by results.

However for me the squad depth is virtually non existent - we have recently put benches out where there wasn't a single defender on it...our forward back up is literally zero.

Sorting those issues out and some upgrade to give midfield some creativity would be due for me and would do for me.

I dunno if I agree that it's non-existent. Let's have a look.

GK

Alisson

Mignolet

Karius

RB

TAA

Gomez

CB

VVD

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

LB

Robbo

NOBODY ELSE AT ALL. SHUT UP. 

Midfield

Wijnaldum

Fabinho

Keita

Oxlade Chamberlain

Milner

Henderson

Lallana 

Attackers

Salah

Firmino

Mane

Sturridge

Origi

So, for me. We need a left back. We need somebody in between attack and midfield, and we need one more quality player up front. So, Chilwell, Isco, and Werner. 

MAKE IT SO.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I dunno if I agree that it's non-existent. Let's have a look.

GK

Alisson

Mignolet

Karius

RB

TAA

Gomez

CB

VVD

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

LB

Robbo

NOBODY ELSE AT ALL. SHUT UP. 

Midfield

Wijnaldum

Fabinho

Keita

Oxlade Chamberlain

Milner

Henderson

Lallana 

Attackers

Salah

Firmino

Mane

Sturridge

Origi

So, for me. We need a left back. We need somebody in between attack and midfield, and we need one more quality player up front. So, Chilwell, Isco, and Werner. 

MAKE IT SO.

I see it differently.

Gomez should not play RB he is and will be a centre half (i know he can play there but for me he should stay at centre half)

Henderson and Lallana IMO should go - i realise Henderson is a controversial shout and it won't happen but Lalllana is for me a defo off job.

Not sure Milner has another year left at level we need either.

Sturridge and Origi are surely gone.

Brewster maybe takes Origi's spot but that leaves 1 more needed.

Have you sold Shaq by way!.

Different views of course and we are in a great place but given what we are up against i just feel we need to strengthen our depth to really take the oil cheats on in next couple of years.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I see it differently.

Gomez should not play RB he is and will be a centre half (i know he can play there but for me he should stay at centre half)

Henderson and Lallana IMO should go - i realise Henderson is a controversial shout and it won't happen but Lalllana is for me a defo off job.

Not sure Milner has another year left at level we need either.

Sturridge and Origi are surely gone.

Brewster maybe takes Origi's spot but that leaves 1 more needed.

Have you sold Shaq by way!.

Different views of course and we are in a great place but given what we are up against i just feel we need to strengthen our depth to really take the oil cheats on in next couple of years.

Who is Shaq? Is he the fella who played for us and then must have wiped his arse with the manager's tie? 

I don't disagree with the players that should go and be replaced. Not at all, I think you're right. But they won't all go with a big influx. I think we need to do it gradually. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Who is Shaq? Is he the fella who played for us and then must have wiped his arse with the manager's tie? 

I don't disagree with the players that should go and be replaced. Not at all, I think you're right. But they won't all go with a big influx. I think we need to do it gradually. 

I am more popular with the wife after i come home bladdered and piss in her shoes than shaq is with klopp!

Agree we should do it gradually but there has been times over last couple of seasons we have looked down to bare bones - be good to change that.

A number of those players did not feature at all really so there is no need for a one in one out ratio.

I could see Sturridge, Milner, Lallana and Moreno going. Also pretty sure Mig is gonna want to leave and there is no way home for Karius.

Got a feeling Klopp is gonna give Origi another chance and Brewster will get into the 25.

So 6 out - 3 in for me

Top creative mid/attacker. 

Left back.

Backup keeper.

I have a sneaking feeling that Brandt will come in the summer. I'd prefer Havertz but Brandt is apparently available for cheap and I'm pretty sure he'll go somewhere this window.

One of the things I think that will be in Edwards'/Klopp's minds will be that we have a lot of important players who are between 26-28 (Salah, Mane, Firmino, van Dijk, Henderson, Gini). Now, it's great that they're all in their primes right now, but in 2-3 years some of them will start to decline so it's best to get ahead of the aging curve while we have a chance to do so without the pressure of replacing someone amazing.

I think part of that started last summer when we bought Fabinho and Keita, and I think it'll continue this summer. I could see the #10 we pursue being Bruno Fernandes but he's 24 and I think if Brandt is cheaper then at 22 he'll be the first one we go after, just to give us a few more players who are coming into their peaks in 2-3 years right as we start looking to phase out some of the current squad.

It's a great position to be in where we can start to look a few years down the road rather than having a crisis as a crucial player reaches the end of his career. Testament to the great planning our recruitment staff is doing.

• Upvote 1