You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

False economy not to imo.

With Joe Gomez new deal we must be over 400k a week on the 4 CB we have. No way we are shelling out 26ml a year on wages for 5 CB. It would be crazy. Sell off at least one of them two and bring in someone or sell both bring in another to really compete and a younger kid to play 4th choice

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

With Joe Gomez new deal we must be over 400k a week on the 4 CB we have. No way we are shelling out 26ml a year on wages for 5 CB. It would be crazy. Sell off at least one of them two and bring in someone or sell both bring in another to really compete and a younger kid to play 4th choice

Given the issues we have had for years over CB's and the current problems ( we are an injury to VVD away from a crisis) I think we need 5 .  The extra one can be a talented kid but he must be capable of stepping up when required. The club can afford it ,

15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Given the issues we have had for years over CB's and the current problems ( we are an injury to VVD away from a crisis) I think we need 5 .  The extra one can be a talented kid but he must be capable of stepping up when required. The club can afford it ,

We have a couple of talented young centre backs - Hoever and Nat Phillips. Lovren and Matip are both matchstick men so I can see one of them out, new one in and all will be rosy with the world again.

11 hours ago, Boss said:

De Ligt should be the first choice. Already links up well with Van Dijk and Ajax have a fantastic heritage of bringing through centre backs. The lad at Porto, Militao looks excellent as well.

Just found out that de Ligt's agent is one Mino Raiola. Isn't he the agent who gave Coutinho a bad back?

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

No it was Joorabchian, the one who also had us over with El Jefe.

Oh yes, that's the one. I'm sure Liverpool have a bad history with Raiola - or is it more that he tends to send his players to Spain?

On 2/15/2019 at 1:55 AM, Boss said:

That Ziyech has been the best player in Holland for three years now. Starting to approach Suarez levels of dominance. I actually think this current generation might be the best they've had for many years.  De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech, Lozano and Bergwijn look like they could all go on to prove themselves at the top level. 

I was saying Ziyech was worth a punt when he was available from Twente for around 7 million euros. 

As you say, some quality coming through at the moment. 

• Upvote 1