You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

7 hours ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

There's been rumours before that Klopp likes Insigne. I don't see it though. I think we want an all round forward who can play through the middle. Insigne isn't physically suited to the premier league and despite his technical ability his numbers aren't that great.

I would go for Kelly/Sessegnon

Ramsey (no brainer on a free). We need to be prepared to use Shaq and Ox (who isn't back yet) in the front 3.

A young potential world class forward who can play through the middle.

I'd give Wilson at least half a season till January too. Woodburn probably needs another loan.

We need to be mindful of our homegrown quota.

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
Aaron Ramsey today signed pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in summer. 28yo penned 4yr deal after passing 2-part medical late Jan. Wales midfielder leaves Arsenal 30 June after 11yrs. Set to become all-time highest-paid GB player (basic salary), just over £400kpw #Juve #AFC

LIVERPOOL EYE LEEDS WINGER
Oooh. A genuine new name here as the Daily Express claim that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp ‘is interested in adding the highly-rated wideman’ Jack Clarke to his squad for next season. Clarke is just 18 and only made his Leeds debut in October but has now made four Championship starts for Marcelo Bielsa’s side, scoring twice and adding another two assists. Klopp has apparently been impressed and may move for Clarke even if Leeds are promoted this May.

Clarke started against Middlesbrough on Saturday but came off at half-time before falling ill on the bench; he was stretchered away and was given oxygen. The club later issued a statement reading: ‘Jack Clarke began to feel unwell during the second half of our Sky Bet Championship fixture with Middlesbrough and received medical attention. The player is responsive and attending hospital with the club’s head of medicine and performance.’ He then left the hospital “happy and smiling”, according to Ian Harte

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

LIVERPOOL EYE LEEDS WINGER
Oooh. A genuine new name here as the Daily Express claim that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp ‘is interested in adding the highly-rated wideman’ Jack Clarke to his squad for next season. Clarke is just 18 and only made his Leeds debut in October but has now made four Championship starts for Marcelo Bielsa’s side, scoring twice and adding another two assists. Klopp has apparently been impressed and may move for Clarke even if Leeds are promoted this May.

Clarke started against Middlesbrough on Saturday but came off at half-time before falling ill on the bench; he was stretchered away and was given oxygen. The club later issued a statement reading: ‘Jack Clarke began to feel unwell during the second half of our Sky Bet Championship fixture with Middlesbrough and received medical attention. The player is responsive and attending hospital with the club’s head of medicine and performance.’ He then left the hospital “happy and smiling”, according to Ian Harte

We weren't interested in him until he collapsed and got rushed to hospital. 

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

I have what they have been doing over the past 3 years or so to go on, I keep saying we are doing the right thing and keep being proved right. I don't remember when was the last time we were doing things so right and keep pinching myself how good we actually are in the transfer market. Over the past two and a half years, we lost one truly important player and added Mane and Salah in attack (didn't go for the most expensive and biggest names but for the best fit to Firmino), reconstructed the midfield with Gini, Keita, AOC, Fabinho, Shaq (would have added Fekir), bought the most expensive and the best defender in the world because that was what we needed, most expensive goalkeeper for the same reason, added two of the most promising young defenders to the first team, brought in Robertson in probably best value for money deal in years. We sold well.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because nothing good ever does. You and a couple of others are for some reason intent on arguing yourself into position of needless negativity, frustration and resentment when thing are good, I can only imagine how would you feel when they inevitably turn for the worse some time in the future.

I expect us to spend big in the summer, just as we did last summer, there will be some of the Fekir money, money from sales and the seasonal "net spend" money. If we don't, there is more chance it would be because we don't see anybody available who could improve us, than because we (the owners) are tight. Until this changes, enjoy it. It won't last forever.

Your right it won't last forever,  as soon as Klopp goes such results from wheeling and dealing ends.   You can get back to praising them for the common finishes of well outside the cl places then. 

We need goals from midfield. We've scored 14 goals with 11 assists from midfield in all comps this season. Milner and Shaqiri are the only ones offering 5 goals or more.  The two Silva's for City have scored 16 goals with 11 assists between them. De Bruyne - when fit - scores at least 10 goals and provides 20 assists. 

Possible players that can come in and help us: 

Felipe Anderson - 9 goals, 3 assists

Marco Reus - 14 goals, 7 assists (from attacking midfield)

Kai Havertz - 11 goals, 5 assists

Nabil Fekir - 10 goals, 5 assists

Memphis Depay - 6 goals, 12 assists

Christian Eriksen - 7 goals, 10 assists

Bruno Fernandes - 16 goals, 7 assists

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Teri Savanier is having a good season at Nimes from what I've seen. I have no idea who he is. 

Can the 'Ligue 1 Guy' please enlighten me? 

Here to assist you, mate.

He's not good enough. His ceiling is probably a French Europa League club like Marseille but he's 27 so there's no real upside. Also, his name is Teji. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

We need goals from midfield. We've scored 14 goals with 11 assists from midfield in all comps this season. Milner and Shaqiri are the only ones offering 5 goals or more.  The two Silva's for City have scored 16 goals with 11 assists between them. De Bruyne - when fit - scores at least 10 goals and provides 20 assists. 

Possible players that can come in and help us: 

Felipe Anderson - 9 goals, 3 assists

Marco Reus - 14 goals, 7 assists (from attacking midfield)

Kai Havertz - 11 goals, 5 assists

Nabil Fekir - 10 goals, 5 assists

Memphis Depay - 6 goals, 12 assists

Christian Eriksen - 7 goals, 10 assists

Bruno Fernandes - 16 goals, 7 assists

Agreed. This is why we wanted Fekir and why our top priority is probably a #10. 

4 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

We'll probably sell Wilson to Bournemouth for £20m and buy that Leeds kid and never play him. 

I'd be up for buying Coady as back-up across the back four, bringing Wilson in and spunking the majority of our money on Sancho and a no10.

Across the back four. He plays in a three.  A lot different. Coady at full back?