You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Mignolet - 10 million ( ward went for 12 mill)

Lovren/ Matip - 15 million

Origi - 10 million.

Milner and Lallana will have English tax on them plus we get 32 million from Ings and Clyne along with 19 million from Solanke that we haven't used. 

We are looking around 85-110 million atleast without accounting for grujic, ojo and Kent who will most likely be moved on.

Sometimes you sound like SteveO dude.

What measly budget? We are in CL this season still and for sure, next season too. None of us know the budget let's hope we have one more summer like the last one.

• Upvote 2

Out of Mignolet. Clyne. Moreno. Milner. Lallana. Origi. Sturridge.

Mignolet and Moreno cannot be trusted. Lallana and Sturridge are made of twigs.

Milner cannot go on forever. Origi is sadly not good enough. Clyne is average. Milner and a couple of Sturridge goals aside what have they offered? Origi’s Derby goal?

A back-up keeper and fullback cover should not be that difficult or financially daunting. Arl arse keeper, the kid from Bristol City and a solid right back.

Any big money should be going on an attacking mid and a striker.

A cb if one of Lovren or Matip go would be great too, a reliable non injury prone one. You then have Brewster, Wilson etc to come in hopefully.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Origi - 10 million.

Milner and Lallana will have English tax on them plus we get 32 million from Ings and Clyne along with 19 million from Solanke that we haven't used. 

We are looking around 85-110 million atleast without accounting for grujic, ojo and Kent who will most likely be moved on.

What measly budget? We are in CL this season still and for sure, next season too. None of us know the budget let's hope we have one more summer like the last one.

Why will this be any different to any other window under FSG.    Last summer was the first time we had a decent kitty and that's only cause they brought in the dollar from Coutinho. 

It'll be the way it always is under them and that won't be enough to replace the five-six useless cunts that offer nothing. 

Out of Mignolet. Clyne. Moreno. Milner. Lallana. Origi. Sturridge.

Mignolet and Moreno cannot be trusted. Lallana and Sturridge are made of twigs.

Milner cannot go on forever. Origi is sadly not good enough. Clyne is average. Milner and a couple of Sturridge goals aside what have they offered? Origi’s Derby goal?

A back-up keeper and fullback cover should not be that difficult or financially daunting. Arl arse keeper, the kid from Bristol City and a solid right back.

Any big money should be going on an attacking mid and a striker.

A cb if one of Lovren or Matip go would be great too, a reliable non injury prone one. You then have Brewster, Wilson etc to come in hopefully.

2 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Origi - 10 million.

We'll also have the Salah money which should be well over £120 million.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Why will this be any different to any other window under FSG.    Last summer was the first time we had a decent kitty and that's only cause they brought in the dollar from Coutinho. 

It'll be the way it always is under them and that won't be enough to replace the five-six useless cunts that offer nothing. 

We must have made a smashing deal on Coutinho because we have been spending the Coutinho money over two transfers now. VVD, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita... not a bad deal.

26 minutes ago, SasaS said:

We must have made a smashing deal on Coutinho because we have been spending the Coutinho money over two transfers now. VVD, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita... not a bad deal.

Did I say it was all of it?   But no keep pretending we'd have spent as big money without his sale.    It's not like you've got every other transfer window under these scabs to go on. 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Did I say it was all of it?   But no keep pretending we'd have spent as big money without his sale.    It's not like you've got every other transfer window under these scabs to go on. 

I have what they have been doing over the past 3 years or so to go on, I keep saying we are doing the right thing and keep being proved right. I don't remember when was the last time we were doing things so right and keep pinching myself how good we actually are in the transfer market. Over the past two and a half years, we lost one truly important player and added Mane and Salah in attack (didn't go for the most expensive and biggest names but for the best fit to Firmino), reconstructed the midfield with Gini, Keita, AOC, Fabinho, Shaq (would have added Fekir), bought the most expensive and the best defender in the world because that was what we needed, most expensive goalkeeper for the same reason, added two of the most promising young defenders to the first team, brought in Robertson in probably best value for money deal in years. We sold well.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because nothing good ever does. You and a couple of others are for some reason intent on arguing yourself into position of needless negativity, frustration and resentment when thing are good, I can only imagine how would you feel when they inevitably turn for the worse some time in the future.

I expect us to spend big in the summer, just as we did last summer, there will be some of the Fekir money, money from sales and the seasonal "net spend" money. If we don't, there is more chance it would be because we don't see anybody available who could improve us, than because we (the owners) are tight. Until this changes, enjoy it. It won't last forever.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I have what they have been doing over the past 3 years or so to go on, I keep saying we are doing the right thing and keep being proved right. I don't remember when was the last time we were doing things so right and keep pinching myself how good we actually are in the transfer market. Over the past two and a half years, we lost one truly important player and added Mane and Salah in attack (didn't go for the most expensive and biggest names but for the best fit to Firmino), reconstructed the midfield with Gini, Keita, AOC, Fabinho, Shaq (would have added Fekir), bought the most expensive and the best defender in the world because that was what we needed, most expensive goalkeeper for the same reason, added two of the most promising young defenders to the first team, brought in Robertson in probably best value for money deal in years. We sold well.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because nothing good ever does. You and a couple of others are for some reason intent on arguing yourself into position of needless negativity, frustration and resentment when thing are good, I can only imagine how would you feel when they inevitably turn for the worse some time in the future.

I expect us to spend big in the summer, just as we did last summer, there will be some of the Fekir money, money from sales and the seasonal "net spend" money. If we don't, there is more chance it would be because we don't see anybody available who could improve us, than because we (the owners) are tight. Until this changes, enjoy it. It won't last forever.

I think it’s a way for Grinch to feel better if we don’t win anything. Easier to blame the owners than say Klopp, or admit that we’re just not quite as good as City and not likely will ever be if they keep investing as they have been.

DON BALON can fuck off... so can Juve 

First, a warning: This comes from Don Balon so should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. But it does make a degree of sense as Manchester City do need a long-term replacement for David Silva and Isco will be available this summer. The fee mentioned is £66m, which seems like a fair price.

There may be a fly in the ointment, mind, as reports in Italy suggest that Juventus are eyeing Isco as a replacement for Paulo Dybala, if he leaves for pastures new (probably Inter Milan) in the summer.  Meanwhile, Don Balon suggest that Marco Asensio or Mohamed Salah could be a target for Juve, who apparently lead the race to sign highly-rated Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt.

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:

DON BALON can fuck off... so can Juve 

First, a warning: This comes from Don Balon so should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. But it does make a degree of sense as Manchester City do need a long-term replacement for David Silva and Isco will be available this summer. The fee mentioned is £66m, which seems like a fair price.

There may be a fly in the ointment, mind, as reports in Italy suggest that Juventus are eyeing Isco as a replacement for Paulo Dybala, if he leaves for pastures new (probably Inter Milan) in the summer.  Meanwhile, Don Balon suggest that Marco Asensio or Mohamed Salah could be a target for Juve, who apparently lead the race to sign highly-rated Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt.

Juve couldn't afford Salah the stupid cunts 

• Upvote 1