You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Any big money in the summer should be going on a striker and an attacking midfielder who could also play wide. Bring Wilson back too.

The other positions backup keeper and fullbacks should be able to be done without fuss. An experienced keeper to sit on the bench. A decent solid right back, improving on Moreno? Well i’m available.

11 hours ago, Thoth said:

At what point can we talk about net spend? I reckon we will net spend 45 million in the summer .. there I said it!

A centre half, a reserve left back, an attacker the quality of our front three.

A strong argument could be made that we need another midfielder, but that's probably unlikely having spent £100m there last summer.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A centre half, a reserve left back, an attacker the quality of our front three.

A strong argument could be made that we need another midfielder, but that's probably unlikely having spent £100m there last summer.

If Milner goes we need to find a player to replace him that can slot into midfield, play as a winger and provide cover for both fullback positions. 

Over to you, Mike. 

I've been sceptical that we'd go all out for an attacker of the quality of Werner, who'd be expecting to start most games. However, the recent form of Firmino has changed my thinking, we need such a player as this season we're almost never seeing the front three all in form. If we want to make that next step we can't afford to be playing a forward into form when they're such a huge part of our game.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Brescia wanting 50 million for Tonali if they get promoted from Serie B. 

They are currently top. Well I for one will be backing Lecce, Palermo, Spezia, Pescara, Benevento and Verona to fucking stop them. 

If you think they aren't getting promoted, you're a Spezia

There's been rumours before that Klopp likes Insigne. I don't see it though. I think we want an all round forward who can play through the middle. Insigne isn't physically suited to the premier league and despite his technical ability his numbers aren't that great.

I would go for Kelly/Sessegnon

Ramsey (no brainer on a free). We need to be prepared to use Shaq and Ox (who isn't back yet) in the front 3.

A young potential world class forward who can play through the middle.

I'd give Wilson at least half a season till January too. Woodburn probably needs another loan.

We need to be mindful of our homegrown quota.

11 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Werner is in his last year at Leipzig. Wish Klopp can convince him to o join us. He'll be perfect.

Ramsey will be wanting stupendous wages how is that a no brainer?

Fazakerley! To say nothing of his signing on fee and the disturbance that would cause in our current wage structure. For what? Another permanent member of the treatment room. You'd have to have 'no brains' to even consider such a ridiculous proposition. Pah!

• Upvote 1

One things for sure,  we won't get everything we need done. 

Replacing Mignolet,  Moreno,  Lovren/Marip,  Milner,  Lallana,  Origi & Sturridge on a measly budget with no big sales.   Good luck. 

Over to Klopp to wheel and deal.    Bournemouth or soke other dickheads wasting money on one of the English rejects would help. 

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

One things for sure,  we won't get everything we need done. 

Replacing Mignolet,  Moreno,  Lovren/Marip,  Milner,  Lallana,  Origi & Sturridge on a measly budget with no big sales.   Good luck. 

Over to Klopp to wheel and deal.    Bournemouth or soke other dickheads wasting money on one of the English rejects would help. 

Clyne, Grujic and the £20m due for Ings too