You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Will you get off my case tonight Rem. Jesus 

Stop being such a busy bastard then! 

The rest of your list looks spot on, but maybe 1 other will stay, perhaps Lallana. 

We should hold on to Clyne but won't. 

In:

Luis Suarez - Our talismanic number 9

David Brooks - Could play any of the three AM roles

Nathan Ake - To replace one of Matip and Lovren as a rotation option 

James Maddison - To replace Lallana

All dour of them have experience in the PL, so would help with the settling in. One world class striker. Three young and hungry players.

Following our catastrophic collapse from the Leicester game at the end of January leading us to finish 5th in combination with Bayern handing us our arse in the CL, our new manager will require a complete new squad as the decent players move to Man City or Europe and the shit get dumped in to the Mersey.

Markovic will turn up for pre-season training!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Werner and Eder Militao as our big signings and I’d be happy. A good striker and a quality addition to our Brazilian contingent who can play centre back, right back or midfield.

Cheap back up to Alisson, cover at left back and some creativity in midfield would be welcome as well, though if the Ox is back and Keita can finally start to show some form then the latter becomes less urgent.

I wouldn’t mind us looking at Kerem  Demirbay. Don’t think he would cost the world as his career has stalled a little bit, but think he’d add something a bit different to our midfield as well as providing some much needed sexism to the team.

Demirbay achieved international notoriety for making a sexist comment against female referee Bibiana Steinhaus, in violation of league rules. After being sent off by Steinhaus, he told her "women have no place in men's football". Demirbay telephoned Steinhaus after the match to apologize. As a sanction for his behaviour, he was given a five-game ban and was made to referee a junior league girls' football match.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thegreatelephant said:

yeah, obviously looking forward to us spending the sort of dough for the qualities a creative midfielder, which has been lacking, like Coutinho brought in - as in MOTM performances, goals from outside the box, goals from free kicks and assists. they grow on trees. sound.

We've got one of them already. Plays for Derby.  

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

In:

Luis Suarez - Our talismanic number 9

David Brooks - Could play any of the three AM roles

Nathan Ake - To replace one of Matip and Lovren as a rotation option 

James Maddison - To replace Lallana

All dour of them have experience in the PL, so would help with the settling in. One world class striker. Three young and hungry players.

Agree on Brooks in particular. He looks an excellent prospect. 

Have wanted Ake for the the last few years too. Very underrated defender. 

• Upvote 1

Everybody knows I'm the Ligue 1 guy, so here are the players who are quite good and who would fit us. This is so if ever we sign any of these, ya'll can quote this and give me the credit. 

PSG: Kimpembe, Meunier, N'Soki, Rabiot

Lyon: Fekir, Aouar, Ndombele, Memphis

Monaco: Rony Lopes

Marseille: Thauvin, Sanson

Nantes: Tatarusanu

Nice: Atal, Saint-Maximin

Saint-Etienne: Khazri

Lille: Pepe, Thiago Mendes, Rafael Leao

Rennes: Ben Arfa, Sarr, Guitane

Bordeaux: Sabaly, Tchouameni, Youssouf

Strasbourg: Lala

Toulouse: Sangare

Guingamp: Thuram, Blas

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Everybody knows I'm the Ligue 1 guy, so here are the players who are quite good and who would fit us. This is so if ever we sign any of these, ya'll can quote this and give me the credit. 

PSG: Kimpembe, Meunier, N'Soki, Rabiot

Lyon: Fekir, Aouar, Ndombele, Memphis

Monaco: Rony Lopes

Marseille: Thauvin, Sanson

Nantes: Tatarusanu

Nice: Atal, Saint-Maximin

Saint-Etienne: Khazri

Lille: Pepe, Thiago Mendes, Rafael Leao

Rennes: Ben Arfa, Sarr, Guitane

Bordeaux: Sabaly, Tchouameni, Youssouf

Strasbourg: Lala

Toulouse: Sangare