You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 1 Leicester 1 (Jan 30 2019)

tlw content

Just one of those frustrating nights. Worst possible pitch for us, trying to play quick incisive football through a forest of legs on a pitch full of surface water. Good pitch for them, defending deep, long balls over the top for their runners. Alisson caused up a couple of near heart attacks, but his sweeper-keeping was outstanding. Some of our lads just didn't get to grips with the conditions, Shaqiri particularly disappointing.  I don't think Keita's best suited to playing as one of those double pivots, needs to be closer to the front three, trying to break the lines like he did for the what-should-have-been-a-penalty. His defensive work has been quite disappointing especially when his ball-winning was actually a strength at Leipzig. 

I didn't have a particularly good view of the Keita penalty shout at the match - but Atkinson did. And still didn't give it Really makes you wonder about the integrity of some of these people. Thought we were getting shafted by the officials at the time.....having just watched a replay of the whole game, it was every bit as bad as it felt at the time, maybe worse. McGuire clearly offside at the start of the 2nd half, lino at that end doesn't give it. Mane clearly onside following a Henderson/Salah free-kick at the other (Kop) end, the other lino flags him off. As for the McGuire potential red, all I'll say is - 'seen them given'

Still, one more point ahead of City. And I'm so glad I don't support a team managed by Puel, defend deep and in numbers, fall over constantly, waste time (this doesn't come over as bad on t.v., because the cameras pan away but it's sooo annoying inside the ground), .....remember the 0-0 with Southampton a couple of years back?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

As I said on the match thread, I'll be staggered, absolutely staggered if we don't fuck this up. It's got the stink of fuckup all over it. 

You do get the feeling that if we are ever going to win the league it’s going to have to be at a canter where we don’t really feel much pressure.  We’ve obviously been incredible so far this season and that might end up making a mockery of what I’m saying but as a Liverpool fan you would be lying to yourself if you weren’t feeling it.  I didn’t like those comments from Van Dijk either. It suggested the fans impacted that result the other night and I don’t want that getting into the players heads.  To play Klopp’s way they need to be above that and make decisions with clear heads. The crowd are going to get nervous because of past experience.

35 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You do get the feeling that if we are ever going to win the league it’s going to have to be at a canter where we don’t really feel much pressure.  We’ve obviously been incredible so far this season and that might end up making a mockery of what I’m saying but as a Liverpool fan you would be lying to yourself if you weren’t feeling it.  I didn’t like those comments from Van Dijk either. It suggested the fans impacted that result the other night and I don’t want that getting into the players heads.  To play Klopp’s way they need to be above that and make decisions with clear heads. The crowd are going to get nervous because of past experience.

I actually think being second or third until the last five games or so would have been better. Being the frontrunners with so many games to go, with our history, is monumental pressure.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I actually think being second or third until the last five games or so would have been better. Being the frontrunners with so many games to go, with our history, is monumental pressure.

That's why I've got this horrible feeling about Spurs. They keep losing a game and everyone forgets about them but win Sunday and they're four points behind us .

And they have to play both us and City away which may suit them .

Plus they have an annoying habit of late goals which we don't 

30 minutes ago, Stickman said:

That's why I've got this horrible feeling about Spurs. They keep losing a game and everyone forgets about them but win Sunday and they're four points behind us .

We have scored more goals in the last 15 mins than any other team in the league with 14 goals. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, timo1966 said:

Sturre is a player, who needs trust. Dave , you know, like me, sturre is not an "easy guy", but he has in his foots quality.(Chelsea 1-1). If I would be Daniel, I would be pissed of. FIRMINO is no better player than him.

Get a challenge for him (2-3 games) and compare what Bobby has done. Bobby has done so fortunate goals in this season (Crystal Palace, Arsenal) and so on. ManCity goal was Trent and Taa made up. t. Sami Hyypiä, best defender and a good person, ynwa

I hope you didn't come on her to be fucked at... 

23 hours ago, dave u said:

Mane in full stride with a big head start against Johnny Evans who had been holding the line and would therefore have been going from almost a standing start.

Sadio is picking the ball up on the left and cutting into the box before Evans gets anywhere near him. It's an obvious scoring opportunity.

Rio Ferdinand said after the game that Evans would have caught Mane....

18 hours ago, Stickman said:

Just give them a lasagne. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Guest said:

It's a title race. It's meant to be tight. It always will be with the first one we win after a long wait. It was the same when United won it. 

I know we all want to win it more than anything but I'm amazed by the amount of negativity I'm reading about it. We're all afraid of it going tits up but think some need to take a step back. 

20 hours ago, The Guest said:

What is interesting about VVD's comments is that it sort of proves a point a few people have made on here about anxiety from the stands transmitting to the players on the park.

If this race carries on and gets tight and we have some rocky moments it will only get worse and that is not good.

We all know why it is tbe case, previous scars etc, desperation to finally break this run without a title - but the support has to do it's bit and IMO i personally think a great way to handle the nerves we will all naturally feel is to make the ground a bear pit - especially in adversity.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:44 AM, Iceman said:

I can see us winning this and also the CL.

This is a beautiful time in our history and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Maintain your composure, strap-in and enjoy the ride lads. And everyone who goes to the games need to go absolutely mental for the full 90+ like the away fans do, and stop overthinking it. 

Go deep in the Champions League and we've no hope in the league. 

You'd need players on the bench more useful than Lallana,  Sturridge,  Origi and co for that to happen. 

Thankfully with VVD missing the Bayern game,  we're not too likely to have such issues. 

• dave u unpinned this topic