You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Decent Phone Apps

Bjornebye

57 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, what do you wanna know? I’ve had a couple of versions in the past and sunk a good few hours into them. I drunkenly bought this year’s one a few weeks ago but I’ve barely touched it. There’s no great difference between the ‘20 one and the ‘17 one that I’ve still got on my phone. Disappointing. 

Just if it’s worth getting or not. I’ve had loads of them for my PC in the past but never got one for my mobile before. 

Actually haven’t bought one at all for about 3/4 years thinking about it. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just if it’s worth getting or not. I’ve had loads of them for my PC in the past but never got one for my mobile before. 

Actually haven’t bought one at all for about 3/4 years thinking about it. 

It’s obviously a lot more basic but it’s still pretty good to while a bit of time away. It’s got regular career options, international, start unemployed, etc. You can create a new club and there’s a few challenges to do as well. If you like playing FM without all the intricate details then you’ll like it. The game is training, scouting, transfers and tactics. That’s about it as far as what you can do to affect it. They’ve added reserves this time which you can also manage yourself but I haven’t played it enough yet to say if it’s worthwhile or not.

The first couple of times I bought it I downloaded it when it was half price and it was definitely worth it then. Is it worth £9? I’m not sure. If you’ve never had it on mobile before then I’d say it probably is. You’ll get some good use out of it before you get bored. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Anyone got Football Manager for mobile? Thoughts?

I have FM 2020 Mobile on my tablet. I could have got Touch instead, but Mobile is cheaper and simpler, and that's all I was looking for, something to pass the time on the train etc.

And it really is a very basic version of FM, so if you'd miss the complexities of the full game, it may not be for you. But if you want something you can pick up and play for 20 minutes here and there which you can rattle through it quickly, it's good.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have FM 2020 Mobile on my tablet. I could have got Touch instead, but Mobile is cheaper and simpler, and that's all I was looking for, something to pass the time on the train etc.

And it really is a very basic version of FM, so if you'd miss the complexities of the full game, it may not be for you. But if you want something you can pick up and play for 20 minutes here and there which you can rattle through it quickly, it's good.

Yeah that’s pretty much exactly what I want. I haven’t got the time to spend ages wading through all the intricacies of the full game, a streamlined version sounds ideal.