You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nations Draft - The Final

Bjornebye

The Final  

9 members have voted

1. 1. The Final

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Easiest way to split them

Keeper Megadrive Man

Fullbacks Megadrive Man

CB Draw

Midfield 3 Megadrive Man

Front 3 Alex

So Megadrive Man edges is, close though

Am i reading this right? You think Lahm and Coleman are better full backs that Lizarazu and Cafu? Surely not.

6 minutes ago, John102 said:

Am i reading this right? You think Lahm and Coleman are better full backs that Lizarazu and Cafu? Surely not.

No fuck got them the wrong way round. 

Bollocks

Still keep my vote the same though as i think Megadrive Man has a better formation and set up, especially up top out wide

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Easiest way to split them

Keeper Megadrive Man

Fullbacks Megadrive Man

CB Draw

Midfield 3 Megadrive Man

Front 3 Alex

So Megadrive Man edges is, close though

Interesting  - I know you reverted the full back choice (Lahm was really at his best as a RB which is where he spent most his career, and Cafu v Coleman is, well, Cafu v Coleman) but I think Modric & Busquets are pretty unequivocally better than Scholes & Mascherano. One is a Ballon d’Or winner & the other is by majority consensus the best defensive mid. ever (Mascherano is great,

but there’s a reason why peak-Mascherano played CB at Barca). Discussion is what makes these games fun.

Agree on Cech>VDS, and good argument that MM’s CBs are better, but a 3 of C. Ronaldo/Totti/Batigol is >> Ronaldinho/Robben/Henry IMO. Unfortunately Gary Mac might find himself lagging v David Silva.

Tough choice... I genuinely can’t pick it. Alex K’s team would have more control of the game whilst Megadrive’s would be devastating on the counter. Defence probably equal. Alex K superior in the middle, whilst Megadrive have better width. Gonna have a think.

At their best

Henry > Batistuta

Ronaldo = Ronaldinho

Totti>Silva

but Megadrive has Robben

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Ronaldo = Ronaldinho

Come on now .. C. Ronaldo is an awful human being, but there are only 2 players in Barcelona history to merit a conversation of being equal to him, and neither of them are Ronaldinho. C.R. has 5 seasons at Madrid where he doubled Ronaldinho's best season .. the man is insane.

5 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Come on now .. C. Ronaldo is an awful human being, but there are only 2 players in Barcelona history to merit a conversation of being equal to him, and neither of them are Ronaldinho.

In terms of longevity, then yes C Ronaldo would definitely win, but at their very best, they’re as good as each other IMO. Ronaldo brings more goals and Ronaldinho brings more creativity.

Just now, aRdja said:

In terms of longevity, then yes C Ronaldo would definitely win, but at their very best, they’re as good as each other IMO. 

Just edited my post in between - sorry. C. Ronaldo put up 64 goals and assists in a  single 35 appearance league season - can't compare with Ronaldinho.

Just now, aRdja said:

That’s a fair point. 

Its obviously a stating-the-obvious point to make, but C.R/Messi occupying the same timeline really dims just how outrageous the two of them are. Ronaldinho obviously burned out v. quickly - but even at his best he "only" put up a 35 goal / asisst season. Obviously a very good, European Cup winning player in his prime .. but C.R./Messi are bonafide legends.

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

McAllister was an excellent player, who doesn’t look out of place in Alex K’s team, in my opinion. 

Did he play on the right for Gerard for a few games? I have a feeling he did when we started with Hamann, Gerrard, Murphy, and Gary Mac.