You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evans/Houllier - The Joint Manager Debacle

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I think he means that's what hairdressers tend to look like. I'm not sure I've ever seen a male hairdresser with a hair style that looks good. 

Thank you my friend.  I too think Lallana is what hairdressers tend to look like. Tony clearly know fuck-all about the subject.

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

How about:-

Goalkeeper Manager - John Achterberg

Defence Manager - Steve Clarke

Midfield Manager - Rafa

Attack Manager - Jurgen

???

They could be called "The Fab Four from Liverpool".  

Great idea! I’d also bring in Matt Le Tissier as Natural Ability Manager, Gary Macca as Set Piece Manager and of course John Barnes as Left Wing Manager. Oh, and Dirk could be Work Rate Manager.

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

If anything summed up the ineptitude with which this club has been run through most of the Premier League years, it's appointing the new boss as a joint manager because you're too weak to fire the old boss. Houllier was the right man for what was becoming an increasingly professional sport. As he shows above, Evans came from an era when it was okay for the players to go out on the lash.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

I never warmed to Houllier, ever.

Then the thing with Robbie and I hated him.

Thanks for the treble season, but the footy was turgid after that and you’re a bit of a blurt, Gerard.

I admit the football was a bit dull,it was under Rafa at times too,but Houllier put us back on the big stage and I'm grateful to him for doing that. The blert you are referring to was Fowler,not Houllier.

• Downvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, belarus said:

I never warmed to Houllier, ever.

Then the thing with Robbie and I hated him.

Thanks for the treble season, but the footy was turgid after that and you’re a bit of a blurt, Gerard.

I could not disagree more.

All sides of the club were out of date and unprofessional when he arrived. He dragged us kicking and screaming into the modern football world. If it had not been for the heart problems we would have won the league under him.

And I agree it was Fowler who was the unprofessional blurt

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, redheart said:

I could not disagree more.

All sides of the club were out of date and unprofessional when he arrived. He dragged us kicking and screaming into the modern football world. If it had not been for the heart problems we would have won the league under him.

And I agree it was Fowler who was the unprofessional blurt

Have to agree about Houllier. He played a big part in transforming us to a modern club, able to compete at the highest level. Souness tried to start it a few years earlier, but lacked both the knowledge, patience and probably experience to do it.

The Fowler discussion is an unpleasant one. Absolute genius of a player, and in many ways a great character. But as much as I loved Fowler I acknowledge that Houllier probably made the ruthless but correct decision for the club.

• Upvote 1