You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nations Draft - Final League - Pick the Best 2 Sides

Bjornebye

Please pick the best 2 sides (in your opinion) from below.   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick the best 2 sides (in your opinion) from below. 

Please pick the best 2 sides (in your opinion) from below. 

If you have participated, you can not choose your own team. 

Votes close at 9pm on Sunday (27th Jan). 

NE MOE IMYA

1734736-Llanelli-AFC.jpg

JOHN 102

1734700_Champions_League_Team.jpg

ELITE

1734704_Boca_Juniors.jpg

LIFEY

1734696_Croatia.jpg

STIG

1734618_Brazil.jpg

DYNAMITE

1734833_Aberdeen.jpg

ALEX K

1734686_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg

LEE

1734639_Boca_Juniors.jpg

MEGADRIVEMAN

1734674_Chile.jpg

Very tough and I am going to have to come back to it. The two sides I was drawn too most both have a player each well out of position. 

My side:

GK - One of the best keepers of the 90's. In my opinion only 2 better keepers in the draft. 

LB - Our Andy. he is going to be one of the greatest and I wouldn't swap him for a single LB in the world right now. 

CB - Kompany even with his injuries has been one of the best CB's the poem has seen. Captained City to a few titles and for a good 3/4 years was one of the best defenders in the world. Ayala has over 100 caps for Argentina. Monster of a centre back. 

RB - The best RB in the world right now. You have to be something special to keep Azpilicueta out of the national side. Already has 3 champions league winners medals. 

DM - Makelele in the Makelele role. Best DM of his generation, that good he has his position named after him. 

LW - Mainly a left back but could play WB and LW. Belter of a left-foot and will work that side brilliantly with Robbo. 

RW - One of if not the best crosser from the right of all time. fuck all the celebrity stuff, the man was brilliant footballer. Ronaldo used to thrive off Beckhams crosses for Real Madrid. he will in this side too. 

AM - 151 goals from 604 games is no mean feat for a midfielder. On his day he would run the game. Brilliant footballer and one of Germanys best of the last 20 years. 

FW - A fucking magician. He was amazing linking up with Henry, imagine him playing off the best Striker the world has ever seen. 

S - El-Fenomeno. The best 9 of all time. The 2nd best player in the draft after Messi and the main reason why my team should win. 

Tough one - lots of great creative teams. Few very strong teams with their full backs or wide players wrongly positioned which is detracts & is a shame; Lee/Elite/Lifetime all stand-out choices for different reasons. If Elite had better goal-scorers he'd probably be shoulders above but very tight. Agree re: above that Dynamite's last few picks did for him but very tight. Good game.

I'd love to be able to say that my side should win, but honestly ... Lee wins this hands down for me.

An unorthodox formation, but it suits this draft and his players perfectly, I think it's a great choice. Hides his weaknesses (none of these teams really have "weaknesses," given the quality of the players we're talking about, but relative weaknesses, at least) well, and allows his top players to shine. A strikeforce to die for, a midfield balanced between muscle and magic, and a top-drawer defense with great wingbacks to boot.

Well done, mate. I've plumped for Elite in a distant second but I think you could argue for my own team or MDM as well, much of a muchness between the three of us IMO.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'd love to be able to say that my side should win, but honestly ... Lee wins this hands down for me.

An unorthodox formation, but it suits this draft and his players perfectly, I think it's a great choice. Hides his weaknesses (none of these teams really have "weaknesses," given the quality of the players we're talking about, but relative weaknesses, at least) well, and allows his top players to shine. A strikeforce to die for, a midfield balanced between muscle and magic, and a top-drawer defense with great wingbacks to boot.

Well done, mate. I've plumped for Elite in a distant second but I think you could argue for my own team or MDM as well, much of a muchness between the three of us IMO.

It was the lack of real top class wide man that made me change the formation. Wanted the width so good attacking wingback was a must. 

With a 3 man CB pairing I think you need the wide CB that have/can play as fullbacks as they can get dragged wide at times and both did that. 

I never thought Keane was a great holding player. He was classes as one by pundits but he hunted the ball(and players) better than just sitting deep so wanted a deeper lying player too. A bit like Xabi and Mascherano combo. I like the midfield as it was a good combo of steel and ability for me. 

Shearer was just too good a pick that late and I knew I could wait as had he been nabbed Fowler or Owen would be there. 

Raul was one of my favourites of that era. Classy striker and brilliant off a bigger front man like him and Morientes for Real. Though I was hoping Torres would slip. It was between Raul and Villa 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Your side is shite. 

It ultimately doesn’t matter you voted for yourself as it’s so shite it won’t affect anything, apart from everyone thinking you’re a cheating cunt as well as batshit mental playing Iniesta right wing. 

Youre right hand side consists of Lilian Thuram.

As good as he is, Marcelo and Giggs double up on him and we score at will. Your team has no balance. Its a collection of players shoe horned in. Even with Iniesta playing on the right is smashes yours

Can get behind a number of these teams but 5 votes to a team with Steve Finnan & Yuri Zhirkov at full back & a luxury player like Rui Costa in midfield baffles.