You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Only another 559 Travelodges to go

magicrat

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That wasn’t me. That was my uncle knobhead in his teens. He ran up a £200 phone bill ringing sex lines off the house phone. Worst part is the house phone was in the hall just outside the living room and his mum and his nan would have been sat just the other side of the wall. The dirty bastard. 

Sounds like the perfect opening to a bluey.

20 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Quite a lot of financially rich people are that way because of their ability to fuck people over. An old friend of mine whom I lost touch with quite a few years ago was working for a recruitment company and get another friend involved in hacking into their database to get all the details of their clients while he still worked there. He then set up his own recruitment company and contacted all the clients, offering them a slightly better deal than they were already getting. Signed up, of course. He became very wealthy as a result. The company he worked for oddly struggled for quite a while afterwards. Not even sure they survived it, to be honest. As I said I lost touch with him as I felt it was an act of cuntery. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens a lot.

Donald J Trumps preferred method.

I've got to say, I'm a bit puzzled by the outcry of public support for this lad. Whether it was an unscrupulous contractor delaying payment or not, it is an absolute gobshite thing to do.

I assume all of the "this is what happens if you don't pay on time" dick heads have never missed any payment in their life, and if they did, would welcome British Gas coming round and putting their microwave through the back window and their foot through their telly.

Empowering the people is one thing, but this wont just have affected the contractor he was working for as there would have been loads of teams inputting work and skills to that area he trashed.

I saw one video where someone is talking in the background and he says "he was threatening to do this if they sacked him" so he was obviously on thin ice for whatever reason and wanted an excuse. His family are saying he's got mental health issues. If that's true I feel for him and hope he gets the help he needs. That aside, it still doesn't mean he was working for the Cruella DeVille of the contracting world. Plus, some people are just cunts. I've been waiting on payment when self employed for weeks on end. I fucking pestered them, had strong words and threatened legal action. I never went and lobbed bricks through the window. Fucking ridiculous.

Nobody knows the back story fully. If the payment had been sent by the contractor and just not arrived yet, then this fella goes bust due to all this issue, are the cunt clappers going to feel justified still?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I'm just pointing our the imbalance in sentences dished out. 

From the M.E.N website. 

Teenager Joshua Molnar, who stabbed Manchester Grammar School pupil Yousef Makki to death, has been released from custody.

The news comes just days before the first anniversary of 17-year-old Yousef's death.

His family said the development represented an 'early release' from a young offenders institute which they described as 'simply crushing'.

Former Cheadle Hulme School pupil Molnar, from Hale, was unanimously cleared of murder and manslaughter in July last year by a jury on the basis of self-defence.

But he admitted possessing the knife which caused Yousef’s fatal wound, and perverting the course of justice by lying that someone else had inflicted the injury to police.

In a statement to the M.E.N the family said.: "There is no other word for it.

"As a family, we were promised that Joshua Molnar would not be given early release - and yet this is what has happened, without our family being given any prior warning from Greater Manchester or Cheshire police.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It doesn't seem especially long, but on the other hand, if he hadn't had a knife or lied to police, he wouldn't have been convicted of anything at all.

Yep, if this Travelodge maniac didn't smash the front of one with a digger he wouldn't have been convicted for it either.