Quantcast
Leicester (H) 30/01/19 - Page 35 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

7 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Why? Thats been sung for decades

I'm not sure it's been sung much in the last 30 years so it's great that we can. I don't know why, it just sounds so cheesy. But mainly I wanted to use the word 'catalogue' instead of the word 'thread' - credit Skaro.

I need no encouragement whatsoever to drink, but if last night is a precursor to the rest of the season this could be a painful couple of months. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Injuries are fucking us up at the minute. I know clyne isn't some hero and he hasn't featured much over the last couple of years but he was fit again and he fitted in and knew the training methods it just seems a stupid stupid decision.

On the face of it the Clyne move was insane. For the benefit of what, 1 or 2 mil you'd assume max, the club have potentially mortgaged the title challenge on Moreno / Milner as the back up full backs at the club. God help us if Robertson & TAA get injured at same time.

Really liked Matip when he first joined but it can't be a coincidence that we concede far more chances with him in the team. Leicester could scored a couple yesterday. Need Matip back to 4th choice and Gomez -- daresay even Lovren -- back desperately. 

From what I could hear on the radio we could well have lost.

1 point gained. Hear alot of stick going round at Keita and the defending but Salah, Mane and Firmino should be able to find the net more than once between them.

We move on     

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

From what I could hear on the radio we could well have lost.

1 point gained. Hear alot of stick going round at Keita and the defending but Salah, Mane and Firmino should be able to find the net more than once between them.

We move on     

Thet probably would if they had a little help creating chances. 

That Chilwell's a good player, can see why we were interested in him. I like Maddison too, though thankfully he was poor last night. Fair bit of quality all over the pitch.

They're a very decent side, should probably be doing better with the players they have.

Now that the pens look like they're going to dry up maybe in future we might get a few decisions with opposition red cards , Maguire last night and Kompany are two I can think of that should have seen red

In fact has any fucker been sent off against us this season? 

10 hours ago, etho said:

He showed up the whole game. Winning 2nd balls. Looking to get on the ball. Love the player. Not his fault those around him don't show the same bravery

He is braver than Henderson (who isn’t)  but he’s only ever going to be a boys and pieces midfielder.  Never immense, his best games will be where he positively inputs to a solid team performance.  He will never impose himself on a game, or dominate it from midfield.  He was ok last night, but they had better midfield performances over the 90 mins.

i quite like Wijnaldum, but he is what he is.  A Geoff Strong.

Atkinson was a joke last night. I assume he’d read all the accusations about Mo diving and come to the conclusion he’d not be fooled into giving him or any of his African teammates a wrong pen. So he sticks to that even when his eyes can see a blatant pen. Worst thing is: If it had been Milner instead of Keita, he’d probably give it.

All the diving accusations against Mo are wrong. Only one pen given can be seen as soft (after the papers had stories about how few pens we’ve got). With incompetence like that, VAR can’t come quick enough. VAR would probably benefit us more than anyone.

14 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Atkinson was a joke last night. I assume he’d read all the accusations about Mo diving and come to the conclusion he’d not be fooled into giving him or any of his African teammates a wrong pen. So he sticks to that even when his eyes can see a blatant pen. Worst thing is: If it had been Milner instead of Keita, he’d probably give it.

All the diving accusations against Mo are wrong. Only one pen given can be seen as soft (after the papers had stories about how few pens we’ve got). With incompetence like that, VAR can’t come quick enough. VAR would probably benefit us more than anyone.

Walton had replays and said it wasn't a penalty. This is a professional referee saying it isn't a penalty. We've got no chance even when VAR comes in.

11 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Salah needs to get back on the right, he doesn't get involved enough playing central. He is also much better at getting to one on ones from out there. Accomodating Shaq is definetly not the way to go, and Shaq is better coming off the bench than starting anyway.

It's strange that the stats say we've scored more at this point that the same point last season but i agree in that like in games last night where not a lot was happening that we'd be best reverting to the Salah out wide and Bobby as the 9.  Give Leicester credit, they defended well all night but the attacking subs last night not for the first time baffled me as to what they were meant to achieve, I thought Fabinho was very good when he came on but the problem was that 2 of the options in front of him were Lallana and Sturridge and no Bobby.

I do think the way forward for the remainder of the season should be Fabinho, Gini & Keita with last years front 3 in last years positions. I genuinely don't see why this wouldn't work. I think that the Fabinho/Gini axis there is the key to unlocking Keita, with the added bonus of Shaqiri as the impact sub.

• Upvote 1

Everyone squealing about us clearing the snow from our end and not theirs. I didn't understand the logic anyway as we still had to defend down their end lol.

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fuck of with the positivity. That stuff is not welcome here. Pyramid Pizza tomorrow 9pm and we’ll sort this out like men Mal!

A traditional pizza eating competition? You're right, manly as it comes. 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Walton had replays and said it wasn't a penalty. This is a professional referee saying it isn't a penalty. We've got no chance even when VAR comes in.

That was before he saw one of the replays, which I think they showed whilst he was speaking. After the game he said it would be given as a pen

13 hours ago, TK421 said:

giphy.gif

Remember the Woolster's wise words.  It's more likely we'll win the league after this round of games.

I read that the probability of us winning the league on Tuesday afternoon based on betting odds was about 55%, when i checked last night it had gone up to about 63%.

There's a possible discussion about accuracy of betting odds, but it is a decent predictor.

I'm basically getting no enjoyment from the league at this point

Shitting myself, relief/disappointment, shitting myself, relief/disappointment, repeat

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KevieG said:

Shitting myself, relief/disappointment, shitting myself, relief/disappointment, repeat

I was the same about a month ago. But that was down to food poisoning, not football.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

I read that the probability of us winning the league on Tuesday afternoon based on betting odds was about 55%, when i checked last night it had gone up to about 63%.

There's a possible discussion about accuracy of betting odds, but it is a decent predictor.

See the bookies have us as 4/9 favorites to win it with Man City at 13/8. They basically see it as twice as likely we win it rather than MCity, which is probably statistically about right.

12 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Does the Spurs result not influence this?  I mean, they will feel like they're back in it now so does a two horse race becoming three not change things?