You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

First half Alisson was being ridiculous. Could have really cost us but he adjusted well after.

Thought Mane was unplayable. As good he's ever been.

Rare mental mistake from Robertson which fucked us. Just the worst time to concede.

Leicester, along with Palace are the only team in the league this year who matched us at home. Thought they were good in every department. 

Palace like Leicester are real banana skin teams. I actually really like a few of the leicester players. I'm glad to have them out of the way. 

Mind you, i feel the same about west ham.

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

If you’re not slagging everyone off and sitting here pissed off at us dropping points to a side outside the top 5 for the first time this season you just don’t care enough.

Or alternatively you're not a simpleton. If people think we can coast through the season with 40% of our  defensive unit out and a defense including Henderson or Milner at right back & Matip at centre back without dropping any points then they'd better take a breath and readjust expectations now. We have a far softer underbelly with Gomez and TAA out the team. It forces us to play differently and we concede far more chances. Klopp however didn't help matters picking a team with practically 6 strikers and attacking midfielders in it.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Or alternatively you're not a simpleton. If people think we can coast through the season with a 5 man defensive unit including Henderson or Milner at right back & Matip at centre back without dropping any points then they'd better take a breath and readjust expectations now. We have a far softer underbelly with Gomez and TAA out the team. It forces us to play differently and we concede far more chances. Klopp however didn't help matters picking a team with practically 6 strikers and attacking midfielders in it.

Taa and joey gomez will be massive players coming back. I don't mind Matip to be fair, but it's a drop in quality. One thing tonight was mo and bobby weren't at it. In fact, only Mane was himself. Hopefully, they take it all out on West Ham.

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Or alternatively you're not a simpleton. If people think we can coast through the season with 40% of our  defensive unit out and a defense including Henderson or Milner at right back & Matip at centre back without dropping any points then they'd better take a breath and readjust expectations now. We have a far softer underbelly with Gomez and TAA out the team. It forces us to play differently and we concede far more chances. Klopp however didn't help matters picking a team with practically 6 strikers and attacking midfielders in it.

Technically we didn't start with a Striker 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Also, maybe not my place to say as I've never been to Anfield, but the atmosphere was awful. Just sounded like constant nervousness and pant-shitting all over the ground. If that's how it's gonna be whenever we're in tight games, it's not gonna be pleasant. 

Perhaps, but TV is never a great guide.

The "Americanness" of turning the crowd noise further and further down in favour of the commentators voices is definitely one for "The Shitness of Modern Football" catalogue.

My fear is simply that despite our squad being a big improvement on last season it is still well short. Apart from Fabinho,who should have started in my view,bringing on Lallana and Sturridge actually weakened the side rather than improving it. I hope we don't regret not spending in this window come May. Its also ridiculous that we have Henderson and Milner filling in at full back when we've just let Clyne go in the transfer window. All a bit disappointing at the moment when we could be skating this league even more with some better quality in reserve. I hope we kick on again.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

We are 42 points clear of Cardiff, with 42 points to play for. Barring a massive swing in goal difference, we are mathematically safe from relegation. 

So, that's something. 

Fuck of with the positivity. That stuff is not welcome here. Pyramid Pizza tomorrow 9pm and we’ll sort this out like men Mal!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Also, maybe not my place to say as I've never been to Anfield, but the atmosphere was awful. Just sounded like constant nervousness and pant-shitting all over the ground. If that's how it's gonna be whenever we're in tight games, it's not gonna be pleasant. 

It actually started really well - YNWA was boss and Poor Scouser Tommy the best I've heard in years.

Then, like the team, it fizzled badly.

It's no surprise last night was a tough game Leicester despite what some are alluding to on here are a good side with some half decent players . Yeah they may be shite against some of the dross in the division but that's more to do with the fact they won the league a couple of years ago so I guess it's much harder for them and their fans to get worked up with playing Palace, Cardiff and the like. Hence why they have a good record against the top sides.

To be honest I was nervous with this game (and a few others coming up but that's juts me) as I'd written off City Newcastle as a banker away win so I guess what's happened is a big bonus even though it doesn't feel like it (strange but I guess we'd all be more upbeat if City had won and then we'd matched it).

Leicester still have to play City second to last game of the season so as long as they aren't thinking about where to go on holiday they could still give them a tough game too.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Liverpool, Top of the league, Liverpool Liverpool Top of the League 

That chsnt is one for the 'Shitness of Modrrn Football' catalogue. 

Well that was massively frustrating. It hits home just how insanely difficult it is too win the league. We've still got to play United, Everton, spurs, Chelsea even wolves who are a fucking nightmare. 

Injuries are fucking us up at the minute. I know clyne isn't some hero and he hasn't featured much over the last couple of years but he was fit again and he fitted in and knew the training methods it just seems a stupid stupid decision. We need to bolster the team in my opinion though it won't happen. This is our greatest ever chance. It's why every point dropped feels like disaster.

• Upvote 1