You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Been a red all my life, I just didn't drink the Kool Aid!

This result has been coming, got away with it against Brighton and Palace, 3rd time unlucky!

We're nothing when our best players are off form, and when we have so many passengers. How badly did we get mugged off for Keita? If it wasn't for the likes of Markovic he'd be our worst ever signing pound for pound!

I fully expect us to fall away badly in the next few weeks, City won't give us a chance like that again! And with Spurs sneaking a win they'll be ahead of us by the time they're back to full strength!

Christ..... hold onto your positivity there

2 minutes ago, BCM said:

I see the hysterical fannies are out in force again.

We've just tacked on another point on our lead. In a game where we didnt play well.

And another thing ..... if the support is going to be like that at home games for the run in we are in trouble. Might be better playing 13 away from home. Fucking get behind the lads.

The crowd thing is a vicious circle....people are so desperate for us to get this monkey off our back for obvious reasons but that manifests itself into anxiety when we are up against it.

It needs to change as I am sure it can and will get to players, but i can also understand why people are so nervy, the scars of the past.

It's a problem.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

The simple fact is we've got 61 points out of 24 games and anyone saying "Why can't we be more like Utd. in the 90s/00s in these moments" or comments of that ilk is talking absolute dribble because United have never in their entire HISTORY had this many points after this many games.

Amen

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Been a red all my life, I just didn't drink the Kool Aid!

This result has been coming, got away with it against Brighton and Palace, 3rd time unlucky!

We're nothing when our best players are off form, and when we have so many passengers. How badly did we get mugged off for Keita? If it wasn't for the likes of Markovic he'd be our worst ever signing pound for pound!

I fully expect us to fall away badly in the next few weeks, City won't give us a chance like that again! And with Spurs sneaking a win they'll be ahead of us by the time they're back to full strength!

Ok Jim. If you say so.

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fucking Hell - even Shearer says the Keita one was a pen!

MOTD didn’t show the Salah penalty shout. Anyone seen a replay of it? Was it a pen?

It would have been a free kick in middle of the park...so should be a penalty.

But the sort of thing it was often seem to not be given in box...wrongly IMO.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

The crowd thing is a vicious circle....people are so desperate for us to get this monkey off our back for obvious reasons but that manifests itself into anxiety when we are up against it.

It needs to change as I am sure it can and will get to players, but i can also understand why people are so nervy, the scars of the past.

It's a problem.

Klopp said it perfectly with regards the players carrying the history in a backpack,  And its the same with the fans.

Every home game between now and the end of the season should be like a Man U atmosphere. The 12th man getting right behind the lads for 90 mins.. Moaning and groaning get you 2nd halfs like tonight.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fucking Hell - even Shearer says the Keita one was a pen!

MOTD didn’t show the Salah penalty shout. Anyone seen a replay of it? Was it a pen?

I thought the ref got everything bar the stonewaller on Keita right tonight. Infact id say the linesman were far worse

Just now, BCM said:

Klopp said it perfectly with regards the players carrying the history in a backpack,  And its the same with the fans.

Every home game between now and the end of the season should be like a Man U atmosphere. The 12th man getting right behind the lads for 90 mins.. Moaning and groaning get you 2nd halfs like tonight.

Agreed - it has been ok mostly this season but tonight was really nervy, really edgy. Hopefully it isn't setting in as the race intensifies.

13 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

The simple fact is we've got 61 points out of 24 games and anyone saying "Why can't we be more like Utd. in the 90s/00s in these moments" or comments of that ilk is talking absolute dribble because United have never in their entire HISTORY had this many points after this many games.

Have the team placed second ever had 56 points after 24 games?

We’re having a great season by every numeric measure. But we’ve been waiting 28 years for number 19. We’re most likely gonna finish first or second this season, and how many points we have after 24 games, or 38 games for that matter isn’t gonna matter much.

First is first, second is nothing. After 38 games.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trumo said:

How did you feel when your boy scored?

Shattered. He was only “my boy” because I thought he was a good player and we would’ve been better with him than Lovren and Matip. I’ve hardly ever mentioned him since the emergence of Gomez this season. 

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I really want to feel for him since he’s openly suicidal and has threatened to top himself a number of times, but I’m really scratching my head as to what he gets from all of this. Forget the result tonight, we’re in a good space... if you can’t get any joy from it at all, then what’s the point? I’d genuinely swerve the forum and football altogether if I was him. 

You try swerving football! I've been trying to escape it for years, I've considered hypnotism for fucks sake! It's not that easy when for 25+ years it was literally all you gave a shit about!

If I could take that metaphorical red pill to forget it completely, I'd be all for it!

• Upvote 2

Absolutely infuriating result particularly given how we started the game. Poor performance looked very shaky and maybe could of lost but still two huge decisions Maguire should of gone and Keita, well that’s just a textbook penalty. Winning would of been hugely significant, but being 5 points clear at this point we’d all dreamed of less than 2 months ago. We need Trent and Gomez back and get that solidity from first half of season. City losing last night has proven they’re not infallible, like us tonight. Well both drop points, they have a horrible week of fixtures next week. Hopefully they’ll drop points and we can heat West Ham and quickly forget about this.