You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

MARTIN ATKINSON IS A FUCKING CHEATING MANC CUNT. 

Nah. Atkinson was just being Atkinson. Basically, a shit referee.

On the plus side he’s just shown the conspiracy nonsense up for what it is.

9 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

I think that's a bit of an overreaction but we need the likes of Virgil, Alisson and Milly to be sending rockets up the arses of anyone not putting the work in to let them know this isn't acceptable. There's always nights like this but if we just allow the rot to set in and start gifting more points away in games like West Ham next week it's all going to end in tears.

I wouldn't worry about Spurs. They've still got a million injuries and if there were question marks over our bottle there's none over theirs. They're huge cowards. It's between us and City and will be until the end.

For me tonight was pivotal mainly because of the upcoming fixtures.

We have to play after them both next and could see them both easily within touching distance when we do play away at a tricky place to go.

City then have what i think is a massive advantage playing a brought forward game v a dogshite Everton and we after Bournemouth have to play our catch up game away at the mancs.

A cushion of 7 would have really helped going into this run and reversed some of the pressure of playing after them...and we play after them throughout March which could be awkward again.

For me this is a very sticky period we are entering...we'll know more come end of Feb of course - but feels to me right now like we really missed a chance tonight and I am not sure we'll get another one like it soon.

I might feel different tomorrow and maybe i am letting my emotions get the better of me, but this just hurts tonight and most worryingly i saw players tonight look like what they are in many cases - young men who have not really experienced winning things and who looked panicked and exposed when an opportunity to make a huge stride towards doing so was in front of them.....fear they will get worse as stakes get higher.

Managed to extend our lead with fewer games remaining. Would have like to extend it a bit more obviously, however, this isnt some invincible team that is chasing us.

Sure they can go the whole season unbeaten, however, they have lost 3 out the last 7 in the league (apologies if incorrect), so its more likely that they wont, especially as 4 comps starts to bite. 5 points is huge and despite what happened tonight, we have been fantastic. Dust ourselves off and crack on.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

The game that lost the title, typical Liverpool post-1990, can't handle the pressure!

I was getting worried that you weren’t going to join in tonight, CS. Thought you were leaving all the heavy lifting to DM. Good to see you, mate.

• Upvote 3

I think Bobby disappointed me the most, he wasn't our worst player, but he was shockingly bad compared to how he normally plays.

Misplaced passes, slow to press, slow reactions to free balls, in a 50/50 chase the Leicester players had already stole half a yard before Bobby has even moved. Just slow mentally and physically. 

Not like him at all. 

Overall a wouldn't say it was down to nerves or not coping with the pressure.

To me its partly due to the long break, it was much needed and we'll be grateful for it in a couple if weeks but we lost a wee bit of momentum from our 2018 form. That'll come back again soon.

And the other part was sadly the weather/pitch, they've been sunning it for a week, coming back and having to dig deep and do the dirty work in shite conditions probably came as a small shock. Climate adjustment can have effects like this. I know it's crap and they get paid millions and should perform in fucking blizzards if we need them to, but it's just how it goes. 

Not arsed anyway, a point gained from a tricky game, and like I said we'll play ourselves back into form with renewed vigour soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I was getting worried that you weren’t going to join in tonight, CS. Thought you were leaving all the heavy lifting to DM. Good to see you, mate.

I long for the day when I no longer see posts from him if I’m honest. I’m as hysterical and pesimistic as any, but he just always seems gleeful upon seeing us drop points. 

We'll just have to chalk this up to one of those games and forget about it. Leicester defended well, were cynical when they had to be and we had a disjointed midfield. Add that to a pitch which was a great leveler and a ref who gave us nothing and maybe we should be glad we didn't lose.

TAA and Milner available, VVD and Fabinho fully fit and Gomez back soon so now is not the time to be crying it in.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Managed to extend our lead with fewer games remaining. Would have like to extend it a bit more obviously, however, this isnt some invincible team that is chasing us.

Sure they can go the whole season unbeaten, however, they have lost 3 out the last 7 in the league (apologies if incorrect), so its more likely that they wont, especially as 4 comps starts to bite. 5 points is huge and despite what happened tonight, we have been fantastic. Dust ourselves off and crack on.

I remember the 80s very well. Back then when the pressure was on Liverpool FC would thrive and raise our game. That was what we did. In the very same way our challengers would fold under pressure.

Now it’s the opposite situation, which is why tonights result is so much more significant than it may look.

Hope I’m proved wrong of course, but the simple fact is we’re not proven winners.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

For me tonight was pivotal mainly because of the upcoming fixtures.

We have to play after them both next and could see them both easily within touching distance when we do play away at a tricky place to go.

City then have what i think is a massive advantage playing a brought forward game v a dogshite Everton and we after Bournemouth have to play our catch up game away at the mancs.

A cushion of 7 would have really helped going into this rum and reversed some of the pressure of playing after them...and we plat after them throughout March.

For me this is a very sticky period we are entering...we'll know more come end of Feb of course - but feels to me right now like we really missed a chance tonight and I am not sure we'll get another one like it soon.

You're right it would have been great but at the same time who expected City to lose to the same team we played tonight, or CP or Newcastle? They are are very good team but far from invincible and I think it's foolishly pessimistic to just assume they're going to saunter through the rest of the games now with no more slips.

I'm fairly confident they'll give us more opportunities. We've just got to show some grit and punish them rather than doing everything to excuse their bad performances and hand them the title like we did in 13/14. Like you though the lack of bottle we showed tonight has made me doubt we can do that.

On a positive note I'd rather be playing our next few games than theirs, United aside.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I remember the 80s very well. Back then when the pressure was on Liverpool FC would thrive and raise our game. That was what we did. In the very same way our challengers would fold under pressure.

Now it’s the opposite situation, which is why tonights result is so much more significant than it may look.

Hope I’m proved wrong of course, but the simple fact is we’re not proven winners.

I get that, but i think that this team has showed enough so far this season to show it can handle the pressure. We are 5 points clear, losing only 1 game. 

Tonight wasnt great but i think its a bit early to say thats down to pressure. Its just a bad night at this stage.

Salah needs to get back on the right, he doesn't get involved enough playing central. He is also much better at getting to one on ones from out there. Accomodating Shaq is definetly not the way to go, and Shaq is better coming off the bench than starting anyway.

• Upvote 1