You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Does the Spurs result not influence this?  I mean, they will feel like they're back in it now so does a two horse race becoming three not change things?

The betting odds take the Spurs result into account. Think Spurs have a odds based probability of about 2.5%. Was probably less than 1% before. Spurs have got to play City, us and Chelsea away from home which will be a factor in their low odds.

11 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

The betting odds take the Spurs result into account. Think Spurs have a odds based probability of about 2.5%. Was probably less than 1% before. Spurs have got to play City, us and Chelsea away from home which will be a factor in their low odds.

Thanks for clarifying.  

Yeah the odds of Spurs getting ahead of both us AND City are very poor. Spurs are a real bad smell that just needs to go away. They've got a bad fixture list coming up soon so hopefully they fade back soon.

Agree re the Salah out wide comments.. So hard for him to pull of goals like he was getting vs Roma from his current position. He's much more than just a poacher..

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know clyne isn't some hero and he hasn't featured much over the last couple of years but he was fit again and he fitted in and knew the training methods it just seems a stupid stupid decision. We need to bolster the team in my opinion though it won't happen. This is our greatest ever chance. It's why every point dropped feels like disaster.

If you listen to the hipsters, then Clyne doesn't offer enough going forward.

Quite how they square this with the fact we created a club record number of attempts on goal in his only start of the season is a mystery to me.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

If you listen to the hipsters, then Clyne doesn't offer enough going forward.

Quite how they square this with the fact we created a club record number of attempts on goal in his only start of the season is a mystery to me.

Quite how you can square this when actually watching him is a mystery to me too but I've seen your opinions on other things and it isn't all of a sudden. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

I prefer to use facts rather than subjective opinions, which are often false.

Stats are only facts given in the right context. There was no context to that. We were a better team at both ends of the field and when Clyne & Moreno dropped out. The manager sees it like that. It isn't hard. 

3 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Stats are only facts given in the right context. There was no context to that. We were a better team at both ends of the field and when Clyne & Moreno dropped out. The manager sees it like that. It isn't hard. 

The question that needs to be asked is, if Clyne is such a hindrance to our attacking play, why did we create 36 attempts on goal in his sole league start of the season?

Because you are referring to a sample size of one game with no regard to the performance of the other 21 players on the pitch that day. It would be better to have Clyne around but to extrapolate from one game is silly.

The two sides outside the top six I was most worried about were Palace and Leicester. Solid, conservative defences and pace on the counter. I always felt we would drop some points to them, but last night was the kind of game we'd have lost in previous seasons. Same goes with the Palace game we'd have drawn.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll get a few penalty decisions go our way now after the bollock dropped last night.

5 points clear. In the light of day it has a nicer ring to it. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Because you are referring to a sample size of one game with no regard to the performance of the other 21 players on the pitch that day. It would be better to have Clyne around but to extrapolate from one game is silly.

One swallow does not a summer make, agreed, but it needs to be said that you seldom see swallows in winter.

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

The question that needs to be asked is, if Clyne is such a hindrance to our attacking play, why did we create 36 attempts on goal in his sole league start of the season?

We didn't create 36 attempts on goal. We had loads from outside the box which he had two or three of that went nowhere near the goalkeeper. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

You could also take into account the fella was here for years, played near 100 games and has two assists - total.

While the fella who replaced him has been scoring above average for most full backs aswell as creating goals. 

Clyne being first choice doesn't bother me. The fact he is a good right back and a better choice than Henderson or gini and I'd rather see midfielders play in midfield. It's like we have diluted two positions rather than be slightly weaker in just one. It's done anyway. Just got to hope injuries sort themselves out promptly.

It's the second time this season we've made Leicester look like Barcelona. They should have won both of the league games against us so I guess having 4 points from the two games is a blessing. Our performance and question marks about the players bottle is a big worry, though. The pressure after City's loss got to us and we cracked. Can't afford many more slip ups now.

48 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

One swallow does not a summer make, agreed, but it needs to be said that you seldom see swallows in winter.

I got a blow-job in my tent at a festival off an American girl called Summer. I met her at a stand when I was buying a Pot Noodle at about 2 in the morning. And yes, a swallow Summer did make. 

Just now, Baltar said:

It's the second time this season we've made Leicester look like Barcelona. They should have won both of the league games against us so I guess having 4 points from the two games is a blessing. Our performance and question marks about the players bottle is a big worry, though. The pressure after City's loss got to us and we cracked. Can't afford many more slip ups now.

You need a pot noodle and a wank mate.