You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

I think some of you need to deal with your disappointment and take a step back.

We’re five points clear of City. It could have been better with seven, but with different results it could have been two or one. 

We we had some bad officiating against us, but we also have had some officiating go in our favour in other games. It happens. Beating all of the non-six teams home and away was always going to be a tall order. But we still increased our lead despite a fairly draining injury crisis and having to play some players who’d only just come back into training. And now City aren’t just having to look up at us, but also at Spurs who are right behind them.

We played badly. It happens. Now we’ve got TAA and Lovren back, and hopefully Milner. And all of them will have had a bit more training under their belt before West Ham.

Where would you rather be? Five points ahead or five behind. Personally I’ll take where we are, thanks. Let’s move on and look to get the three points next time out.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I'll take it. Leicester are a VERY good side, who have toppled some big teams this season. 
We're still undefeated, and the only team to be so.

Five points clear. We've had better games, but we aren't getting beaten. We'll learn from this. Tough conditions too - not suitable for great football.

Summed my thoughts up exactly. 

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Poor all over the pitch but the officials, who will not be mentioned at all were fucking terrible. 

Shaq seems a lot better coming off the bench rather than starting

Shock, the non red card Maguire given MOM. Commentators were also a fucking joke. 

Anyone wants to mention conspiracies can go and fuck themselves. 

Agree with all of that. The conspiracy stuff works both ways though - we’ve gotten some breaks this season. We need to get back to putting enough between us and sides like Leicester that inept refereeing doesn’t decide the game. 

I can understand people getting uptight and nervous especially if they’ve never seen us win a title, believe me. People, especially at the game need to calm down, it does no good, it does transfer to the pitch. The players also need to just keep calm if possible, way harder them playing than us watching.

1 point better off. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, DirkDiggledinho said:

I'm far more gutted after that than the City game. First points dropped vs shite and what a bad time to do it, 7 points clear would have been such a massive kick to the nuts for City but instead we've let them off the hook.

Yep. It’s a massive psychological boost for them and an indicator to other teams that they can come to Anfield, sit back and come through unscathed. City have lost games but they still provoke fear in most teams which is why they rack up a lot of huge wins. We don’t have that aura.

Shaqiri has been a nice little signing and great rotation option overall. But, he does not really have the consistency to be a definite starter. While we will probably mainly sign back-up players this summer, I really do hope we at least finally get the Coutinho/Fekir replacement in terms of the first eleven. 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. It’s a massive psychological boost for them and an indicator to other teams that they can come to Anfield, sit back and come through unscathed. City have lost games but they still provoke fear in most teams which is why they rack up a lot of huge wins. We don’t have that aura.

1st time this season. Go back to your own boards.

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

Chelsea are a fucking mess and old Sarri will be off pronto and Arsenal are what they are. 

City will easily grab maximum points against them is my bet.

Surely a team with a manager that has long since lost the confidence of his players and has just been decimated by Bournemouth won’t capitulate against the best attacking team in the country.

Choked AGAIN.

A night where we made bad decision after bad decision...panicked, were headless and desperate and lacking confidence.....you could see the players were bricking it.

That is why we can't win anything....Twice now we have had chance to put massive daylight between us and City and twice now we have failed.

We were so twitchy tonight, you could see panic in players and you could see and feel anxiety and nerves from crowd too.

It was sad to see the nerves they showed tonight, the poor decision making, the hesitancy....

It's just feels like it is all too much for us as a club and i include fans in that....crowd were so edgy tonight, zero encouragement just standing biting nails and looking anxious.

Only gonna get worse as the stakes get higher too.

I really fear we haven't got the stones for it.

Fear we are just not meant to ever get this monkey off our backs.

In a normal season this would not be an awful result - but this isn't a normal season and we aren't up against normal opposition.

Huge opportunity to make a real big step tonight and we looked too scared to even start to take it.

We should be going out there tonight boosted to fuck with a golden opportunity to make a massive stride....we were too scared and too overawed to make it.

45 mins to win a game that would open up clear daylight...the mancs team of the 90's/00's in these situations penned teams in and knocked and knocked and knocked at the door until the hinges fell off - we hardly asked them a question in that 2nd half.

The only good thing about tonight is we didn't lose and we gained a point on City - we are however 2 pts closer to 3rd now and we have a three horse race.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red House said:

Shaqiri has been a nice little signing and great rotation option overall. But, he does not really have the consistency to be a definite starter. While we will probably mainly sign back-up players this summer, I really do hope we at least finally get the Coutinho/Fekir replacement in terms of the first eleven. 

Impact player and our only one at that  really shouldn't be starting. 

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah completely agree. We're a very good technical side but the attitude of some players tonight, Salah in particular, was a disgrace. We should have been getting up in their faces, not accepting anything but a win, but instead the heads dropped and they went missing. That's worried me more than anything, I'm praying we don't go completely off the boil and start handing the initiative to opponents like we did tonight.