You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Lads, tonight's game is not more important following City losing, we are the ones in the lead, every time City slip up, it gives us more headroom to be able to drop points, and it is unlikely that we will win every game.

This is true -- but definitely do not want to give it right back. 

26 minutes ago, Mark M said:

If we lose tonight the media will be all over our side ramping up the pressure saying they can't handle the pressure no experience in a title race etc etc.

Its fucking massive for us to step on City's throat now showing no mercy and put a gap big enough that over the next couple of week's their focus changes to putting everything in the champions league instead of the league. 

This.....

As the Aussie cricket team used to preach when you have your opponent down you step on their throat.

You can't win the league tonight but you can make a massive statement that any slip ups you (City) make then we'll be all over them

20 minutes ago, Mark M said:

If we lose tonight the media will be all over our side ramping up the pressure saying they can't handle the pressure no experience in a title race etc etc.

Its fucking massive for us to step on City's throat now showing no mercy and put a gap big enough that over the next couple of week's their focus changes to putting everything in the champions league instead of the league. 

I'm sure that Klopp is drumming into the team to not give a fuck what the papers say whether we win, lose, or draw.

If we win tonight, we probably win the league. If we draw, we probably win the league. If we lose we probably win the league. Its just the degree of probability that's the difference.

In fact, if we lose, the probability that we win the league will be higher than it was before this round of games unless there are significant injuries or there is a big goal difference swing, and even then, it would probably still be higher. The fewer games remaining, the harder it become to close the gap.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

This.....

As the Aussie cricket team used to preach when you have your opponent down you step on their throat.

You can't win the league tonight but you can make a massive statement that any slip ups you (City) make then we'll be all over them

We've had chances going back to '09 in our title challenge under Rafa where we had a chance to open a gap on our opponents and dropped points. These are the kind of games the c*nt Fergie was great at getting the Mancs through where the rest of the league felt it was inevitable they'd win the title.

We have a chance to make this a statement win tonight.

1 minute ago, The Woolster said:

I'm sure that Klopp is drumming into the team to not give a fuck what the papers say whether we win, lose, or draw.

If we win tonight, we probably win the league. If we draw, we probably win the league. If we lose we probably win the league. Its just the degree of probability that's the difference.

In fact, if we lose, the probability that we win the league will be higher than it was before this round of games unless there are significant injuries or there is a big goal difference swing, and even then, it would probably still be higher. The fewer games remaining, the harder it become to close the gap.

Logically you can't argue with this.

I just feel physiologically to both the team and our fanbase this could be a real turning point tonight. Win and the buzz optimism and momentum will be with us and City felt shit last night when they lost, they'll feel even worse if we win tonight.

To put it another way, if City had won last night, the match would have been far more significant, because if we were to lose it, we would have no more headroom to drop any points if City were to win all their remaining games.

In the scenario that City had won, then due to goal difference as well as underlying performance, it would likely have changed to be if we win tonight, we would still probably win the league, but if we draw, we would probably lose the league, and if we lost, we would probably lose the league.

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Logically you can't argue with this.

I just feel physiologically to both the team and our fanbase this could be a real turning point tonight. Win and the buzz optimism and momentum will be with us and City felt shit last night when they lost, they'll feel even worse if we win tonight.

Cognitive biases can be bastards

11 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

If we do win the league, I’m going to make a banner for the site with this quote on it and ask Dave to have it as an option.

if we don’t, I’m going to make one that says ‘Woolster is a cunt’. To be honest, that should probably be an option already. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

Pep on putting pressure on Liverpool 2 days ago:

“All we can do is win our games and they will feel that Manchester City is always there. It’s all we can do!”

Some pressure indeed. Actually I’m a bit concerned we might drop points tonight due to lack of pressure. Either way it’ll be a blow for them. We win and they’ll be 7 points behind. If we slip, they’ll be fuming they couldn’t take advantage.

I think we’ve looked very focussed this  season. Given everything Klopp has said I think the team aren’t going to drop into the comfort zone. This is as determined a Liverpool team as I think I’ve seen. If we can just cut out some of the profligacy in front of goal I don’t think even goal difference is going to be an issue.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If we do win the league, I’m going to make a banner for the site with this quote on it and ask Dave to have it as an option.

if we don’t, I’m going to make one that says ‘Woolster is a cunt’. To be honest, that should probably be an option already. 

Steady now, or he might add you to his hit list.

• Upvote 2

I've done some quick statistical calculations using a calculator and some Al Gore Rhythms during my lunch break.  Now, what I've concluded is that if we win tonight, we probably win the league.  If we draw tonight, we probably win the league.  If we lose tonight, we probably win the league.  The only thing that changes is... get this... the degree of probability.  

I also discovered, for the first time, that if the worst comes to the worst and we do lose then the probability that we win the league will be higher than it was before this round of games.

Finally, my research revealed that we should sign Andy Robertson from Hull.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I've done some quick statistical calculations using a calculator and some Al Gore Rhythms during my lunch break.  Now, what I've concluded is that if we win tonight, we probably win the league.  If we draw tonight, we probably win the league.  If we lose tonight, we probably win the league.  The only thing that changes is... get this... the degree of probability.  

I also discovered, for the first time, that if the worst comes to the worst and we do lose then the probability that we win the league will be higher than it was before this round of games.

Finally, my research revealed that we should sign Andy Robertson from Hull.

Damn fucking straight!