You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

Didn’t expect it to be this game, but this is now THE chance.

How many times have we been presented with an opening like this in the past 3 decades, but not won after a title rival has dropped points to let us in, handing them an immediate boost back along with the initiative?

Tonight will tell us so much about whether this time is finally gonna be different.

• Upvote 2

I really like our team right now. HOWEVER, we are lacking that talisman IMO. Someone who would pull us through when we struggle with an outrageous piece of play... Think of Gerrard, Suarez or Coutinho. The closest we have is probably Shaqiri. Salah this season has turned to more of a goalscoring machine, playing up front.

25 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I really like our team right now. HOWEVER, we are lacking that talisman IMO. Someone who would pull us through when we struggle with an outrageous piece of play... Think of Gerrard, Suarez or Coutinho. The closest we have is probably Shaqiri.

We have enough talismen Ardja...only losing 1 game away to City and chance to go 7 points ahead tells you that. What they need now is not to shit the bed and I'm thinking these guys are made of sterner stuff. Leaking goals v Palace and Arsenal...not panicking and bouncing back is where we failed in the past. 

I agree...a dirty 1-0 win will suffice and that one game at a time mantra is key. I know city may have the better squad but again last night they lacked a bit of bottle when going got tough. If we can get this team to win a league, get monkey off back then the gloves are off for next year and we will have no shortage of potential talismen wanting to join club..we can then afford to be not as reticent about focussing on all 4 trophies! Long way to go though.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

I agree...a dirty 1-0 win will suffice and that one game at a time mantra is key. I know city may have the better squad but again last night they lacked a bit of bottle when going got tough. If we can get this team to win a league, get monkey off back then the gloves are off for next year and we will have no shortage of potential talismen wanting to join club..we can then afford to be not as reticent about focussing on all 4 trophies! Long way to go though.

This is a masterclass in football fan psychology: from "one game at a time" to "let's win all four" in 3 sentences.

I  do this myself.  I try to manage my expectations, but then a voice says "yeah, but, what if..."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is a masterclass in football fan psychology: from "one game at a time" to "let's win all four" in 3 sentences.

I  do this myself.  I try to manage my expectations, but then a voice says "yeah, but, what if..."

I know...its a mixture of hope/expectation/idiocy and most of all waiting 29 years...

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I really like our team right now. HOWEVER, we are lacking that talisman IMO. Someone who would pull us through when we struggle with an outrageous piece of play... Think of Gerrard, Suarez or Coutinho. The closest we have is probably Shaqiri. Salah this season has turned to more of a goalscoring machine, playing up front.

Related image

• Upvote 2

"Lacking a talisman". We're putting up some of the most exceptional numbers in recorded football history! If Van Dijk is out tonight, I just hope to avoid any idiots ascribing dropped points to 'bottling it' - when it's far more likely it's because we have a pair of mid-table style centre backs and right back playing.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

ScornfulGiddyGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

This snow any threat at all to game?

I know pitch will be fine but H&S brigade with roads etc can be dodgy.

Be just our frigging luck something like that happening!

If the match is postponed until Gomez, Trent and Ox are all fit, we can thank the FA/RS conspiracy. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

"Lacking a talisman". We're putting up some of the most exceptional numbers in recorded football history! If Van Dijk is out tonight, I just hope to avoid any idiots ascribing dropped points to 'bottling it' - when it's far more likely it's because we have a pair of mid-table style centre backs and right back playing.

You know what I mean. 0-0 2nd minute of injury time, who would you want to have the ball out of Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho or any of our current players? It wasn’t meant to be a criticism.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I disagree.

Virgil-van-Dijk-904489.jpg