You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When does your arse go?

Kevin D

When?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. 1-0 down?

• When we concede
    • Halftime
    • 45-55 minutes
    • 55-65 minutes
    • 65-75 minutes
    • 75-80 minutes
    • 80-85 minutes
    • 85+ minutes

So, when we're at Anfield and we concede, when is it you start getting antsy?

To clarify, I'm talking about a game that we need to win and the other team score first.

Do you start getting nervous immediately about turning it around, or do you have your eye on the clock and have a time that if we don't score by, your nerves set in?

• Upvote 1

We've been 1-0 down a few times this season and I now trust the team to get us back in the game. I was far more pissed off when it was 2-2 than when we fell behind yesterday, but even then expected us to win. 

Even in the game we lost at Man City, we came back from a goal down and looked the more likely to go on and win when they scored. 

We've got a great defence even if they did ship 3 goals yesterday. We also have an attack to get us out of the shit time and time again. 

I sat on the kop for the first time in years yesterday instead of my usual spec and I have to say I was disappointed with how we reacted to the adversity within the game. I think the fans are going to have to learn to deal with the ups and downs of a run in and get behind the team in the tough spells better than we did yesterday. To answer the question though it’s the last 5 minutes for me!

Just now, Bernard Diomede said:

I sat on the kop for the first time in years yesterday instead of my usual spec and I have to say I was disappointed with how we reacted to the adversity within the game. I think the fans are going to have to learn to deal with the ups and downs of a run in and get behind the team in the tough spells better than we did yesterday. To answer the question though it’s the last 5 minutes for me!

In fairness, though, I thought the atmosphere yesterday was miles better than it usually is for a typical 3pm game against relegation battlers. Seemed like everybody wanted to really get behind the team after seeing them annihilate Arsenal, last time out.

• Upvote 1

When/if we eventually win the league, whether it’s this season or in the future, I think it will open up the flood gates because the fans will relax so much more. Of all the great things Klopp has done since he arrived the best has been the work around stopping the nervousness from the crowd effecting the players.  It obviously still happens but I don’t think any manager has ever tried addressing it properly before.

He mentions it a lot in interviews about he tells the players to relax and keep doing the same things they practice day in day out.  If we already had a league in the bag a year or two ago I honestly think the crowd would be so much more confident and the players wouldn’t feel anywhere near as much pressure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TK421 said:

One game at a time, Kev.

TMTT (too much title talk).  

Don't worry about the league title. Klopp's got that shit under control. We're going to win it on the 4th of May at Newcastle away, Rafa is going to be there, it will be ace. Don't worry about that. 

Anthony Joshua is defending his heavyweight titles at Wembley on April 13th, he still doesn't have an opponent, and he continues to duck Liverpool FC. We want him. He can run, but he can't hide. 

Wheres the 'before the kick-off' option?

I'm always nervy before games. I think we'll win the league and I've said this to the lads I go with, last summer, but it still doesn't stop me flapping before games.

To answer the question, weirdly, considering how I am before the game, during the game, I seem to go the opposite way and get more confident. So I vote 85+

As you can probably tell, I'm an emotional mess on a match day. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chip Butty said:

Wheres the 'before the kick-off' option?

I'm always nervy before games. I think we'll win the league and I've said this to the lads I go with, last summer, but it still doesn't stop me flapping before games.

To answer the question, weirdly, considering how I am before the game, during the game, I seem to go the opposite way and get more confident. So I vote 85+

As you can probably tell, I'm an emotional mess on a match day. 

This was the first thing that sprung to mind, reading this:

0:23-0:53