You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hated LFC players

Remmie

3 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

That would totally depend on what sort of tactics I employ and who I was playing against. But If was playing Palace tomorrow, Silva, without any doubt. The answer would probably be the same if I was playing Barca, Man City or Madrid. Although Kompany might come into it v Barca. 

Playing against someone else’s all star XI!!!

7 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Getting bored now. It would depend on lots of factors, who they’ve got, who I’ve got. Getting silly now. You just stick to playing Top Trumps. 

It’s not really silly. We do drafts all

the time here, especially during off season.  There’s one going at the moment. Sign up.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

I know he’s never played for us but I fucking hate David Silva.... Tippy-tappy mouthy twat. One of the most overrated players in the history of the premier league. De Bruyne is twice the player. Somehow managed to be the worst midfielder on the pitch when we played them at the Etihad, and no one mentioned it. 

Haha, by all means hate him. The rest of the post is probably the worst assessment of any player anywhere ever. David Silva has been the overall best player in the premier league for the last 5 years, and is the most important player in that City side bar none (Aguero and Fernandinho for different reasons have rivalled him through the last 4-5 years). De Bruyne (while a very good player himself) isn't close to Silva's importance for that side. He does however catch the eye for his crossing and shooting. 

Edit: Should have read the rest of the thread first, glad someone else pulled you upon your wrongness.

Claiming Silva isn't a great player and using some stats to prove it is akin to arguing Ronaldo is a better player than Messi based on their respective records/honours. If you watch them play regularly there isn't really an argument to be had. Don't mean to sound belittling, but my inside turns when someone spouts that much shite in one post.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, lebron said:

David Silva has been the overall best player in the premier league for the last 5 years, and is the most important player in that City side bar none 

Fuck me... I don’t really have to add anything to this, I don’t think. 

21 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Fuck me... I don’t really have to add anything to this, I don’t think. 

I think you should try. A couple of players that have been consistently better than him over the last 5 years would be a good place to start.

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think you should try. A couple of players that have been consistently better than him over the last 5 years would be a good place to start.

At no point in the last 5 years has he ever been as good as, let alone better than Salah, Eriksen and Hazard are now. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

At no point in the last 5 years has he ever been as good as, let alone better than Salah, Eriksen and Hazard are now. 

Salah is in the league 18 months, Hazard goes on annual leave for a year at a time and Eriksen is a joke of a suggestion.

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Uh, excuse me. Chelsea FLOP Mohamed Salah is better than David Silva? Has Silva ever been absolutely embarrassed  at a big club and sold to a second rate league with his tail between his legs? No. Laughable suggestion. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Uh, excuse me. Chelsea FLOP Mohamed Salah is better than David Silva? Has Silva ever been absolutely embarrassed  at a big club and sold to a second rate league with his tail between his legs? No. Laughable suggestion. 

Stop dancing around it, and just make your point if you actually want a discussion. 

28 minutes ago, No2 said:

Salah is in the league 18 months, Hazard goes on annual leave for a year at a time and Eriksen is a joke of a suggestion.

Sure, but they’re all currently better players than David Silva has ever been at any point in his career. 

• Downvote 1