You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hated LFC players

Remmie

A few whipping boys on this site and even I have occasionally dabbled in the non-complimentary. 

Anyway, my question is what is your reaction when watching Liverpool and the player you can't fucking stand does something great? I'm think the Sturridge equiliser or Lovren lashing it into the net or Henderson making a crucial interception? 

I am genuinely curious as I don't hate any of the current lot but when I was a kid I hated Nicky Tanner with a passion and used to hope he'd get sent off. Don't remember him ever doing anything good though. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Remmie said:

A few whipping boys on this site and even I have occasionally dabbled in the non-complimentary. 

Anyway, my question is what is your reaction when watching Liverpool and the player you can't fucking stand does something great? I'm think the Sturridge equiliser or Lovren lashing it into the net or Henderson making a crucial interception? 

I am genuinely curious as I don't hate any of the current lot but when I was a kid I hated Nicky Tanner with a passion and used to hope he'd get sent off. Don't remember him ever doing anything good though. 

Nicky Tanner did score a scruffy Derby goal. He did do something good. 

I think there is a fundamental difference between whipping boys and actual dickheads who are either truly shite/have damaged the club?

For example I thought Kvarme was absolute rubbish but when he put in a decent display didn't begrudge him. However Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky and their like couldn't even raise a smile from me when they did anything good as I thought it would provide another justification for retaining them. At Liverpool on the whole even though the crowd gets nervous and you get the main stand grumbles we generally aren't particularly negative as a whole towards players (i.e. outright booing etc). which is why the Lucas booing in 08/09 was pretty disappointing. We do tend to have whipping boys though but I think every club has that to a certain extent, it can't be particularly pleasant for the player though. The Anfield wrap interview with Lucas a wee while ago was revealing on that front, the lad seemed half traumatised and spent a good chunk of it trying to justify himself, which after 10 years of effort felt a bit unfair.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Nicky Tanner did score a scruffy Derby goal. He did do something good. 

I'm sure he did as he kept on getting picked, I don't even remember what he did wrong either to be fair it was that long ago and I doubt I even saw 1 in 10 Liverpool games as they needed to be on the telly and I needed my non football supporting family to let me watch it. But I thought he was such I liability that I remember thinking we'd be better with him off the pitch even if sent off. 

26 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Neil Ruddock or El Hadj Diouf. Honourable mention to David James.

I'll never have a go at anyone who gives 100 per cent effort. If they aren't good enough then it's the manager who is to blame for picking them or the owners for not backing the manager. 

That's my take on it. If someone lacks ability but tries I can't bring myself to hate them even if I don't want them in the team.

I agree entirely with Ruddock and Diouf and I'd add Balotelli and Cole to that.

• Like 1

I never cared for Ruddock. Fat fuck who could've done much better if he would give a damn.

Diouf was just a despicable human being, hated him since I saw him play in the 02 WC.

Konchesky because he was so bad, worst player I've seen play for us.

And although I never hated him I never liked Martin Skrtel. A weak strong man.

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Let's get the thread back on track, did you hate these players while they were at the club and how did you feel when they did well? 

I hated Diouf within weeks of him joining. Hated his attitude and could tell he was bad news. I can only remember him scoring 1 goal for us and he had only just joined so i probably did a sex wee. He scored 3 for us. I would have celebrated any goal for us and always would regardless of who scores because i'm celebrating us scoring. 

He played for 12 clubs across his career and we are 3rd in his highest club appearances with 55. Says all you need to know about the cunt. 

• Upvote 1

The team overrides the individual so for example if Lallana does something good (yeah right) I’ll praise him.  I’ll still see him as a waste of space and average as fuck.  I held these views before we signed him and he hasn’t done a thing to change them.

konchesky & Downing I disliked long before we signed them.  Shit players with faces you wouldn’t get tired of punching.  There was never any danger of them doing anything great though again if they had done anything I’d have praised them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

I think there is a fundamental difference between whipping boys and actual dickheads who are either truly shite/have damaged the club?

For example I thought Kvarme was absolute rubbish but when he put in a decent display didn't begrudge him. However Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky and their like couldn't even raise a smile from me when they did anything good as I thought it would provide another justification for retaining them. At Liverpool on the whole even though the crowd gets nervous and you get the main stand grumbles we generally aren't particularly negative as a whole towards players (i.e. outright booing etc). which is why the Lucas booing in 08/09 was pretty disappointing. We do tend to have whipping boys though but I think every club has that to a certain extent, it can't be particularly pleasant for the player though. The Anfield wrap interview with Lucas a wee while ago was revealing on that front, the lad seemed half traumatised and spent a good chunk of it trying to justify himself, which after 10 years of effort felt a bit unfair.

I blame Phil Neville. 

If he hadn't handled on the line the previous season, Lucas would have been a cult hero - an unknown kid, controversially brought on for Gerrard, who scores an injury time derby winner. 

Nobody would boo that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Diouf. 

Despicable human being. Everything that this club isn't. utter scumbag of a human and still tries to drag this club through the dirt to try and keep himself relevant to this day. 

You hate him because of the Celtic incident even though there is a chance he was racially abused. He was a cunt like but scored twice on his debut and it briefly looked like he might be a decent player,although that was short lived.

Joke Hole the little twat.

Everything from his "up the m1" (stupid twat) to his "they made me say they are a big club" comments and of course the shite performances and bad attitude.

Little twat never wanted to be here and that is fine - just don't fucking come you shithouse.

Any player who pulls on our shirt and does so with such a lack of distinction and then later comes out with this is going to be top of any list for 'hated' players IMO.

"When I joined, the guy interviewing me said 'you've joined the biggest club in the country' and reeled off the trophies they'd won," he said. "I just said 'yeah, if you put it like that, I suppose you're right' and Liverpool used that as the headline to the interview.

"I didn't want to upset anyone so I just went along with it. But obviously they're not the biggest club in the country any more. How do you judge how big a club are? Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice but they're not a bigger club than Chelsea."

The closest I can get to pitching in is when watching England and Paul Scholes scored. He was keeping Liverpool players out the national team and it pissed me off, so I celebrated the goal but half heartedly. When Fowler scored in the same game I went fucking mental. 

But despite the muted celebration, I didn't hate Scholes, so it's hard to know for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The closest I can get to pitching in is when watching England and Paul Scholes scored. He was keeping Liverpool players out the national team and it pissed me off, so I celebrated the goal but half heartedly. When Fowler scored in the same game I went fucking mental. 

But despite the muted celebration, I didn't hate Scholes, so it's hard to know for sure. 

Keeping Liverpool players out of the England team is a blessing so you should have been glad.

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You hate him because of the Celtic incident even though there is a chance he was racially abused. He was a cunt like but scored twice on his debut and it briefly looked like he might be a decent player,although that was short lived.

I hate him for far more than that. Plus, it could have been a fan of any club he did that too and I would have hated I'm for it. 

• Like 1

We've had very few players I have hated, Ince, Itandje, Diouf, Ruddock and maybe a couple of others qualify. Cole and Balotelli are just window lickers. I find it difficult to hate anyone that is a couple of IQ points away from being classified as a root vegetable.

The current squad seems devoid of out and out cunts. Klopp simply wouldn't keep or sign anyone that was a complete twat. A few of them like Moreno, Mignolet and Henderson, I wish weren't at the club but they're an annoyance, nothing more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I hated Diouf within weeks of him joining. Hated his attitude and could tell he was bad news. I can only remember him scoring 1 goal for us and he had only just joined so i probably did a sex wee. He scored 3 for us. I would have celebrated any goal for us and always would regardless of who scores because i'm celebrating us scoring. 

He played for 12 clubs across his career and we are 3rd in his highest club appearances with 55. Says all you need to know about the cunt. 

I'd also add to that the fact that we had the choice between him and Anelka. It was clear as day within a few weeks of seeing Diuof's performances that Ged had dropped an almighty bollock in signing him. 

• Upvote 2