You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The lowest form of wit

Remmie

I used to think it was puns but as I got older and more pathetic, I occasionally dabble in the pun world. 

I'm going to say political humour. It almost always seems to manifest in some sarcastic lazy put down. Have I got news for you and mock the week showcase this perfectly? 

If I can find it I'll repost that Brexit sketch from when I previously made this point. 

Any advances on this? 

• Upvote 1

Digs at Donald Trump. 

I really couldn't care less about what some cunt from another country does.

There hasn't been one single day where anything Donald has ever done has directly or indirectly impacted my life. But I still need to hear about him every single day, lazy journalists saturate the news with it, and lazy comedians always need to squeeze trump jokes in somewhere, because he's such an easy target.

The fact that half the shit he gets slagged off for is stuff that previous presidents did too.

Nobody gave a fuck when Obama deported immigrants or kept families in detention centres. Trump does it and he gets compared to Hitler. 

Likewise with this recent burger thing, Obama does it and he's a man of the people, trump does it and he's a disgrace who's out of touch with reality. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Aventus said:

Digs at Donald Trump. 

I really couldn't care less about what some cunt from another country does.

There hasn't been one single day where anything Donald has ever done has directly or indirectly impacted my life. But I still need to hear about him every single day, lazy journalists saturate the news with it, and lazy comedians always need to squeeze trump jokes in somewhere, because he's such an easy target.

The fact that half the shit he gets slagged off for is stuff that previous presidents did too.

Nobody gave a fuck when Obama deported immigrants or kept families in detention centres. Trump does it and he gets compared to Hitler. 

Likewise with this recent burger thing, Obama does it and he's a man of the people, trump does it and he's a disgrace who's out of touch with reality. 

I'd say that lots of things Donald Trump does or doesn't do affect your life directly or indirectly as he's president of the most powerful nation on earth. That said,I try to ignore the stupid prick because he is one of the main reasons I fear for the human race.

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd say that lots of things Donald Trump does or doesn't do affect your life directly or indirectly as he's president of the most powerful nation on earth. That said,I try to ignore the stupid prick because he is one of the main reasons I fear for the human race.

Bit unfair on the Animal Kingdom that.

I know for a fact that elephants cant stand Trump.  

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't live in that nation though. 

Can you give me an example if something he's done that might have effected me? Or effected you? 

Because I don't think my life has changed at all, and I don't think I'd be any better or worse off with somebody else as president of a country that I don't live in. 

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Pointing out grammatical errors.

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

I don't live in that nation though. 

Can you give me an example if something he's done that might have effected me? Or effected you? 

Because I don't think my life has changed at all, and I don't think I'd be any better or worse off with somebody else as president of a country that I don't live in. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Raw material prices have skyrocketed -- so if you buy things you are probably being effected

Moral -- just don't buy stuff

affected

• Upvote 2