Quantcast
The Best A Man Can Be - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Lario

The Best A Man Can Be

Gillette advertising their shaving blades is the men's equivalent of women's advertising of Bodyform. The person singing that song literally believed that their life was a lot better with it than without.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Well gibbed I think?

Just looked. Yeah, over eight years ago. Ten years this year since the Woods scandal. Doesn’t feel like it was that long ago at all. 

My opinion would be what the fuck has it got to do with overpriced razors? 

cool - who doesn't like being lectured to by a multinational razor blade manufacturer.

• Upvote 5

I think it's quite a good advert to be honest, plus if Piers Morgan doesn't like it that's fine by me. (Funny how he paints himself as the spokesman for all things masculine even though he made his bones writing celebrity gossip, not fighting the Nazis in North Africa. 

I don't think there's a lot in the advert most fellas would disagree with. Can't imagine most fellas think it's okay for lads to fight.

Also, we have a laugh on here but I don't like 'laddish' behaviour myself and never have, I'm just not cut out for it and was probably one of the many reasons I was so shit getting girls when I was younger until I reached an age where women preferred fellas who aren't cocksure helmets.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

It's upset a lot of people who often call other people 'snowflakes' so that's quite fun.

Haven't even seen it but already know it's okay now.

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

It's profitable for corporations to be seen as progressive.  They don't give a shit who buys their products 

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It’s a cynical marketing exercise.

Both absolutely true, which sort of makes me want to hate it; but if it causes just one right-wing, incel, misogynist cunt to have an aneurysm, then it's surely worthwhile. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

...until I reached an age where women preferred fellas who aren't cocksure helmets.

Didn't realise you were in your late 70s Section, la.

• Upvote 3

The money multi-national companies avoid paying in tax could solve all manner of social malaises.

It's amazing how many of them increasingly care about the world and its people though.

Profit can do wonders for your social conscience.

Cucked nonsense. Men and women are biologically different. Trying to turn everyone into an androgynous, obedient, corporate drone will never work.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1