Quantcast
The Best A Man Can Be - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Lario

The Best A Man Can Be

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Is the correct answer. 

Yep.

That's the last 34 years knackered for me then.

I have never bought a Gillette product and I never will.

This is because the masculinity represented in its adverts - clean cut, safe, middle class, white American men - are exactly the people I hate.  I've got news for them - they don't own masculinity.

If you buy a product, you are basically buying into the message of "people like us use this product".  I am not like Gillette men.  I hate them.

And I won't watch that advert either.  It's bad enough I had to involuntarily watch them for years stuck on my television.  The ones in which they have a "scientist" making the discovery that "Hey, what a break-through!  What if we stuck another blade next to the others...!?"

I bet Marti Pellow used Gillette.

304882_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hades said:

Cucked nonsense. Men and women are biologically different. Trying to turn everyone into an androgynous, obedient, corporate drone will never work.

Based and redpilled 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

It's profitable for corporations to be seen as progressive.  They don't give a shit who buys their products 

Aye, Dove nailed this a few years ago.

5 hours ago, Hades said:

Cucked nonsense. Men and women are biologically different. Trying to turn everyone into an androgynous, obedient, corporate drone will never work.

You had me at "cucked".

All the complainers doing the advertising for them.

Have you seen it? It’s hard to get excited about 

I hate companies who make adverts for the US market and then use the exact same ad for the UK market, Microsoft are always doing it. Cheapskate twats.

The ad itself feels corny as fuck to me.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The ad itself feels corny as fuck to me.

That’s because you’re a woman hating dinosaur stuck in the 90’s, mate. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

I feel like everyone's missing the bigger issue here - it doesn't rhyme any more.

If an ad agency is reading this, I'd have gone with one of the following:

"Gillette, don't call that woman pet"

"Glette, your son fighting isn't Boba Fett"

"Gillette, you bald faced leacherous get"

I am available for work if you're hiring.

• Upvote 3

Why did they do away with the Sensor Excel blades? I don't want a 20 blade option when 2 were good enough.

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You forgot to tag @moof, he won't want to miss that.

Moof is either the most attractive man alive or has a cuck fetish to worship women so uncritically. Either way we have little in common. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Moof is either the most attractive man alive or has a cuck fetish to worship women so uncritically. Either way we have little in common. 

Well, he's far less influenced by random shit he reads on the internet. And also a very, very handsome man.

• Upvote 1