You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Best A Man Can Be

Lario

Gillette advertising their shaving blades is the men's equivalent of women's advertising of Bodyform. The person singing that song literally believed that their life was a lot better with it than without.

I think it's quite a good advert to be honest, plus if Piers Morgan doesn't like it that's fine by me. (Funny how he paints himself as the spokesman for all things masculine even though he made his bones writing celebrity gossip, not fighting the Nazis in North Africa. 

I don't think there's a lot in the advert most fellas would disagree with. Can't imagine most fellas think it's okay for lads to fight.

Also, we have a laugh on here but I don't like 'laddish' behaviour myself and never have, I'm just not cut out for it and was probably one of the many reasons I was so shit getting girls when I was younger until I reached an age where women preferred fellas who aren't cocksure helmets.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

It's profitable for corporations to be seen as progressive.  They don't give a shit who buys their products 

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It’s a cynical marketing exercise.

Both absolutely true, which sort of makes me want to hate it; but if it causes just one right-wing, incel, misogynist cunt to have an aneurysm, then it's surely worthwhile. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1