You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ki-Jana Hoever

Bjornebye

Back in the bad old days of Hodgson, I thought David Nugent could do a job as an attacking reserve.

I also wanted Lee Cattermole, and still maintain that watching him run around kicking people would have been better entertainment than the cauldron of warm vomit we were served up instead.

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Back in the bad old days of Hodgson, I thought David Nugent could do a job as an attacking reserve.

I also wanted Lee Cattermole, and still maintain that watching him run around kicking people would have been better entertainment than the cauldron of warm vomit we were served up instead.

Nugent looked out of place in a Championship side last night after coming on, and not in a good way.

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

My @aRdja 11 is slowly taking shape. 

2. Hoever

4. Maguire

8. Oxlade-Chaimberlain

9. Sturridge

11.  Traore

I quoted the wrong post and there is Maguire. 

• 2 months later...

What do we reckon on him and Brewster for next season? Ready to stake a place in the first team squad?

I think both are good enough to get minutes here next year so, unlike maybe the likes of Curtis Jones and Camacho, don’t see the point in loaning them out.

I’m especially looking forward to seeing more of Brewster. Got to be the biggest young English talent alongside Foden.

From what I've heard Klopp and his staff think Brewster is brilliant and they might not sign another forward in the summer because they want to bring him through. In theory I like that as when you make promises to young players you can't then keep signing players to block their path.

Personally I always judge young strikers on Michael Owen when he was coming through. He's the barometer I use, and Brewster is nowhere near him in my opinion.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Bit harsh Dave.  Owen was probably the best 17/18 year old to have played the game in the past 20/30 years.

I think the problem he’s going to have is the style we play.  If he’s more of a Defoe type who’s seems to be an okay all round player who just bags loads of goals he might struggle at us. Goals are a lot tougher at this level and you need to still be contributing when they don’t come.  He doesn’t strike me as blisteringly fast, a firmino style workhorse or a Mané who could just dribble past players from any position.  The only way he breaks in really in my opinion is if he’s just that good at scoring goals he changes the way we set up/play to accommodate him.  He will have to be Michael Owen level to do that.

Owen won the Balon D’Or when he was 21, he sets an outlandishly high level for anyone to be as good as he was at 18.

What type of player does Brewster remind you of? He seems like a Sturridge style player to me. Decent pace and a good finisher. Maybe not as skilful but that may come.

I think Klopp will keep Origi.

As the #3 striker all Brewster has to do is contribute a little in what time he gets while he matures.

If the plan is to make him the first option off the bench he may not be ready.

As for Hoever - in that position (backup RB) he could be a good fit.

Also, I love me some Curtis Jones.

• 1 month later...