You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One From Each Nation Draft

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

You mean like we play a 4-3-3 and Klopp never uses any tactics like allowing Mo to be a little lazy, having a bit more width on one side of the pitch...

Stop trying to distract from the fact my side will arse rape yours.

More like Rodgers 13/14 team. You will win a few games in style, but ultimately come up short against the best when it matters. Unfortunately for you and your team, mine is one of them.

John - you always pick great midfielders - defence is good - not convinced by attack though. Giggs, Hazard & Aguero not really doing it at the level demanded here. Iniesta also isn't a wide player: not sure why you havent done a 4-3-3 there.

Lifetime - probably my fave. up to pick 7, think you lost me on those final picks though. Not even the mighty Virgil Van Dijk can compensate for lack of functional midfielders there.

Dynamite's got a mighty nice team ..

1 minute ago, Dynamite said:

Iniesta wide right? Nah, not for me.

Here we go. Haters gon' hate.

Fluid front 4. Iniesta is going to come inside a lot, creating space for the Russian Cafu to bomb on.

This must be what Corbyn felt like, when his party tried to take him down, despite having the support of the people.

4 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

John - you always pick great midfielders - defence is good - not convinced by attack though. Giggs, Hazard & Aguero not really doing it at the level demanded here. Iniesta also isn't a wide player: not sure why you havent done a 4-3-3 there.

In my defence, i did want to go with Messi up top, but was beaten to him once again.

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Lifetime - probably my fave. up to pick 7, think you lost me on those final picks though. Not even the mighty Virgil Van Dijk can compensate for lack of functional midfielders there.

Dynamite's got a mighty nice team ..

Pick 8 - Kaka

Pick 9 - Del Piero

Pick 10 - European and World goalkeeper of the year

You're 'almost' having as big a mare as John. I say almost, as no one other than him would put Iniesta fucking right wing. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

You're 'almost' having as big a mare as John. I say almost, as no one other than him would put Iniesta fucking right wing. 

My formation is purely illustrative, a bit like a sky sports formation.

The heat map of where the players play will be a much truer reflection.

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Pick 8 - Kaka

Pick 9 - Del Piero

Pick 10 - European and World goalkeeper of the year

6 strikers and central attacking midfielders, and a goalkeeper whose name doesn't even come up near top when you put it in a Google search.

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

6 strikers and central attacking midfielders, and a goalkeeper whose name doesn't even come up near top when you put it in a Google search.

Well if that's how you judge a player maybe you are having a bigger fucking mare than John.

Bale offers width and goal threat cutting in.

Torres at his peak was fucking unstoppable.

Del Piero tucked in from the side slightly loading bullets and scoring worldies.

De Bruyne playing in his natural position.

Rakitic plating in his natural position.

Kaka playing the same role David silva does at City but hes even fucking better.

And I've two fucking world class fullbacks providing the width. 

Book a twin room in Hotel Knows Fuck All with John and you might both save a few quid. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Well if that's how you judge a player maybe you are having a bigger fucking mare than John.

Bale offers width and goal threat cutting in.

Torres at his peak was fucking unstoppable.

Del Piero tucked in from the side slightly loading bullets and scoring worldies.

De Bruyne playing in his natural position.

Rakitic plating in his natural position.

Kaka playing the same role David silva does at City but hes even fucking better.

And I've two fucking world class fullbacks providing the width. 

Book a twin room in Hotel Knows Fuck All with John and you might both save a few quid. 

Terrible without the ball.

5-2 my team.

Apologies for using a different image host - hopefully everyone can see that? For some reason the forum will not let me post images directly from footballuser like everyone else can.

Anyway, I've decided to go with what I think the best players are for this formation rather than the ones I thought would get the most votes. Not 100% sure that the players I think would get votes would anyway. For example, I thought Kroos would be more voted for, but I think Effenberg is the better player (and suits this formation better). Same thing with Rooney over Kane or Fowler - I'm not certain he's a better player overall, and especially in Fowler's case I think Robbie would get more votes on a forum of Liverpool fans, but Rooney would be excellent as a provider of chances for Neymar and Messi more than the other two.

Thoughts? I'm especially curious about others' opinion of Effenberg. I rate him hugely, think he was absolutely brilliant but I'm not sure what others think.

I've picked Effenberg a good few times myself. Mattheus and Sammer overshadowed him but a fantastic player. Thought him myself but would have screwed up a few other picks late on for me and I needed to get a Argentine in and Redondo was still about.