You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst roads to drive down in Liverpool

Section_31

Old Swan between 7.30-9.30. Literally nothing moves for ages.

Dale Street has tons of buses pulling out every 10 seconds and it's even worse now the flyover is closed. Loads of people drive through the red light coming up from Queen Square.  Seen a few people nearly taken out and cars nearly smash into each other. 

The back roads round Maghull as they always narrow to one lane, especially round the canal, they will have a one way road coming off a busy main road then 2 double roundabouts in succession. 

Melwood drive to the Jolly Miller, always rammed and the lights take forever by the Jolly Miller.

Widnes and Runcorn I fucking hate driving to/from.

2 hours ago, Mike D said:

I reckon it’s gettin like London in the way people are driving now.

This bit by The Mons is always dodgy with the cars parked on the left. It’s not like they can’t make the road wider to the right with that grass in the centre and give them a parking lane. Come along here side by side then have to merge into one. anywhere where you have to merge and there is loads of places in Liverpool is shite.

43D1BACD-F4B2-4FEF-838B-5DD7A972CF6B.jpeg

It's a million miles away from London yet thank fuck.  More knobheads driving like loons yes but the vast majority of drivers are tolerant and considerate. Traffic light phasing in Liverpool is in general much longer than London which overall I think is better for traffic flow. That wouldn't fly in London and there would be impatient fuckers jumping red lights everywhere. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Been confirmed that the Churchill Flyovers are to be demolished.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/churchill-flyovers-set-go-how-15870796

Cost too much to repair rather than demolish but fuck me the traffic down the bottom of Scotland Road to get round to Dale St is a joke 

The Strand is a joke at rush hour but also at weirdly unpredictable other times too. Was in town on Thursday and parked in Liverpool One. It took twenty minutes from there to the Birkenhead tunnel which is a two minute drive on a clear road. 

The roads are insane these days. My lad is learning to drive at the moment and it’s really noticeable how much harder it is now compared to when I learned. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Been confirmed that the Churchill Flyovers are to be demolished.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/churchill-flyovers-set-go-how-15870796

Boss. 

They're a fucking eye sore that's only justified by how shite Scotty road and the likes are. Best to just knock them both down and start over with some freshly built student flats. Sigh.