You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst roads to drive down in Liverpool

Section_31

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Any advances on the road that goes past the ASDA in Hunt's Cross? Morning, noon or night it's ram jam and you've got to dodge people jumping the green arrow lights as they enter the supermarket car park.

Cunt of a road.

You’re from Speke aren’t you, mate? Have you tried driving around up past Western Avenue, near the crescent lately? Fucking speed bumps and potholes around there are beyond ridiculous. A lot of the speed bumps have pot holes encroaching onto them. It’s like you’re driving off road. 

I’d well prefer to sit at the lights near the Asda, rather than risk the wheels coming off my car every 50 yards. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re from Speke aren’t you, mate? Have you tried driving around up past Western Avenue, near the crescent lately? Fucking speed bumps and potholes around there are beyond ridiculous. A lot of the speed bumps have pot holes encroaching onto them. It’s like you’re driving off road. 

I’d well prefer to sit at the lights near the Asda, rather than risk the wheels coming off my car every 50 yards. 

Yeah but I'd deffo say the whole of South Liverpool is like that now. Macketts lane must have one every ten yards. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Qualifies as part of the drive aids that is Walton Vale

I hate driving along Warbreck Moor to the Black bull past the Shoemarket. Wide enough for 2 cars but some will stay in the middle of the road. Then get through the lights at the bull and there is always someone trying to turn into Warbreck Ave which stitches everything up. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Getting off Mill Lane onto Queens Drive by the Jolly Miller is a fucking nightmare. You can be sat there for days. 

If I am leaving the Jolly Miller and trying to get back on the drive (exiting from the small exit at the front right) I will go left and then turn around and come back first. Impossible to turn right there. Ridiculous layout.

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck did I do?

Good thread.

Glad I don’t have do a driving job anymore. Although I drive from Melling to Wavertree for work and there is no easy way. Even the motorways are a pain, end of the M62 at the rocket is a nightmare as is Edge Lane.

oh and Switch Island is an abomination.

1 minute ago, Mike D said:

Good thread.

Glad I don’t have do a driving job anymore. Although I drive from Melling to Wavertree for work and there is no easy way. Even the motorways are a pain, end of the M62 at the rocket is a nightmare as is Edge Lane.

oh and Switch Island is an abomination.

Switch Island is better than it was...just about.

I reckon it’s gettin like London in the way people are driving now.

This bit by The Mons is always dodgy with the cars parked on the left. It’s not like they can’t make the road wider to the right with that grass in the centre and give them a parking lane. Come along here side by side then have to merge into one. anywhere where you have to merge and there is loads of places in Liverpool is shite.

43D1BACD-F4B2-4FEF-838B-5DD7A972CF6B.jpeg