You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 19/1/19

Bjornebye

Huge last couple of games for us. We just needed to get through them without dropping points. The trip away to recharge and getting Gomez and Trent back is what we've crawled over the broken glass of these last two performances to get to.

When we're back, the defence should look stronger, and Klopp usually gets the forwards peaking for the latter part of the season.

I don't think this game was indicative of what we'll be like during the run in. Palace had the tools to hurt us, and trying to play Keita into form, coupled with Milner up against Zaha gave them a great chance. Both sides got lucky at times, but I'm expecting us to look like a different, calmer, more cohesive team when the players return.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Henderson clever to make sure that Milner doesn't take any playing time away from him by playing him into an impossible position when he's already on a yellow.

How many games will he miss? Not a good time to be having suspensions for our "utility player" when so many others at right back and CM are out.

One game for a yellow.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I disagree. City and opposition fans everywhere pissed off. Hodgson whining in the post-match interview to come. Our players (and me) on an adrenaline high. Only negative was nobody lamped Milivojević.

Maybe I just don’t get that worked up anymore. It was very nervy at the end. I nearly spilled my Ovaltine.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Henderson clever to make sure that Milner doesn't take any playing time away from him by playing him into an impossible position when he's already on a yellow.

How many games will he miss? Not a good time to be having suspensions for our "utility player" when so many others at right back and CM are out.

FFS.  Just enjoy the win, you pious prick.  

• Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Ha! Loving the win actually. Now that my heart's calmed down, anyway.

Did you think I was seriously suggesting that Hendo did that on purpose? It was a joke, mate.

Mine still hasn't.  Going to go get a drink...

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Maybe I just don’t get that worked up anymore. It was very nervy at the end. I nearly spilled my Ovaltine.

2013-10-15_Khan.jpg

“Milivojević tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames before I give him up!“

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Moss didn't do a lot wrong today. Can't argue with Milners yellow cards and he let the game flow

Failed to give handball against Townsend in their area. Wrongly gave it against us. They go upfield and score.