You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 19/1/19

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

Amazing the relentless attack on salah for diving....shearer giving it the big one - call kane out you fucking twat.

Every week it is same then you hear him and rest of them talking about 'feeling contact' and being 'entitled to go down if feel it'

Twats

It was fine to kick Neil lennon in the head though. 

I actually thought Sakho pulled Salah back, although not particularly forcefully. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate Luka Milivojević? I have? Well fuck it, I’m mentioning it again. I can’t stand the snide little shit, whether it was orchestrating the Palace outrage against Salah (in the first league game as well) or his press interviews, I just want to see him get the smacking he deserves. He fucking goes under the radar. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is wanted by the International Criminal Tribunal for war crimes, even if he was only 2-4 years old at the time....

• Upvote 2

I've only seen the MOTD highlights which never tell the true story but it looks like we were a bit sloppy defensively, and Keita as a wide player doesn't work. He can play on the left of a central midfield three, but not as a winger or wide attacker.

The players now have a chance to rest for 10 days, recharge their batteries and recover from any minor knocks. The ones who have been out for a while have a chance to get back in the squad. Let's maintain the momentum.

The thing for me is that I'm so desperate for us to win it, I genuinely can't enjoy it and I really really want to. 

I went to my first match in 1977 so I've seen some of the greatest Liverpool sides to ever grace a pitch, but if we win it this year it will be up there with the best of them. 

Reason being, in times of financial doping, to do what we've done when we've had to sell to buy is nothing short of remarkable. 

We are in a great position and looking at the remaining fixtures, City have it all to do. 2014 was soul destroying but this would hurt so much more.

No doubt City have the better individuals but we have the better team. It's the sum of the parts etc etc. 

I really do need to stop drinking. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, ted tucker said:

The thing for me is that I'm so desperate for us to win it, I genuinely can't enjoy it and I really really want to. 

I went to my first match in 1977 so I've seen some of the greatest Liverpool sides to ever grace a pitch, but if we win it this year it will be up there with the best of them. 

Reason being, in times of financial doping, to do what we've done when we've had to sell to buy is nothing short of remarkable. 

We are in a great position and looking at the remaining fixtures, City have it all to do. 2014 was soul destroying but this would hurt so much more.

No doubt City have the better individuals but we have the better team. It's the sum of the parts etc etc. 

I really do need to stop drinking. 

Not really.  

You sound fairly sound to me.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't really want him on the ball - so hiding, and touches, are secondary. 

What he did do well today was pressure higher up the pitch, and trying to carry or move it forward quickly - also made some runs beyond the ball to create space.

Yeh he's useless on the ball but when he's playing well he's a good ball winner and lays it off quickly . In possession he finds space to keep the move going. 

• Upvote 1