Quantcast
Shite things about Winter. - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Six Buoys

Shite things about Winter.

Recommended Posts

Got no problem with the winter/cold until the day after new years day then it can just fuck off. grim moods, grim skies, grim everything. Suns shining here today which is nice but its still baltic outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. Come 11pm - 12am, I don’t feel ready to go to bed, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Got no problem with the winter/cold until the day after new years day then it can just fuck off. grim moods, grim skies, grim everything. Suns shining here today which is nice but its still baltic outside. 

So when Winter begins then? End of Jan/Feb have always been the worst. December is usually pleasant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. I don’t feel ready to go to bed come 11pm - 12am, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I  sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

How's going to sleep to 6pm going for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Seasons said:

So when Winter begins then? End of Jan/Feb have always been the worst. December is usually pleasant. 

January is horrible. My birthday is in February and although I don't really celebrate it, it kind of breaks the month up a bit. We will all be moaning about the heat before we know it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bjornebye said:

January is horrible. My birthday is in February and although I don't really celebrate it, it kind of breaks the month up a bit. We will all be moaning about the heat before we know it.

 

I fucking won’t be. 

 

We get about 2 weeks decent weather a year and I’d happily kill anyone moaning about it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t understand people in this country moaning about the cold. For the most part, it doesn’t even get that cold, certainly not in English cities. Just turn the heating up and wear a big coat when you go out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

 

I fucking won’t be. 

 

We get about 2 weeks decent weather a year and I’d happily kill anyone moaning about it. 

And weeks of it being dead humid and sticky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Tone a bit here.

 

I used to walk around London in a T-Shirt in November.

 

Mind you, I was wearing a lavish pint coat 24/7 in them days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another shit thing about summer is you have to wear sunblock, or at least you should. Even the modern ones are too greasy and don’t mix with hairy arms and legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. Come 11pm - 12am, I don’t feel ready to go to bed, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

Light nights are fucking great, patio doors open, nice beverage. You just feel better.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

 

I fucking won’t be. 

 

We get about 2 weeks decent weather a year and I’d happily kill anyone moaning about it. 

Where were you last summer?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×