Quantcast
Shite things about Winter. - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Seasons

Shite things about Winter.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, Mook said:

The flu, I came down with it on Sunday night & have been stuck in my bed for three days solid. I genuinely thought at points on Monday that I might be dying. Probably through the worst of it now but still stuck in my scratcher & if someone offered me a deal to pay them £1,000 for this to be gone & I could go back to work tomorrow, I'd take it.

The biggest laugh is my missus has never had the flu & seems to think I'm taking the piss. 

Grim.

Mook knows. I’d like to add common cold too. I take the trains to work in the morning, and I honestly don’t know which way to face, as everyone around me coughing and sniffling. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Mook knows. I’d like to add common cold too. I take the trains to work in the morning, and I honestly don’t know which way to face, as everyone around me coughing and sniffling. 

These cunts need to get themselves out of the silent carriage on my commute. 

Fucking dryanuary cunts. 

We sold xmas gift cards at the pub, expiry date end of Jan, as part of an effort to pull in extra trade in January. I've had dryanuary wankers asking me to "extend" their voucher dates into feb. They can fuck the fuck off. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking dryanuary cunts. 

We sold xmas gift cards at the pub, expiry date end of Jan, as part of an effort to pull in extra trade in January. I've had dryanuary wankers asking me to "extend" their voucher dates into feb. They can fuck the fuck off. 

If they want to take part in yet another pointless campaign then let them pay the consequences. Either give up alcohol or don't and stop all the fuckin around. Cunts.

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

I hate that. Trains especially seem to be gigantic test tubes full of cold viruses 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

Muddy rain water getting your trabs dirty. 

And whaddayknow, stepped out of my car this morning straight into a pile of soggy moss. Right up the back of my grey suede Adidas. Cunt weather. 

9 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking dryanuary cunts. 

Offer to extend them to Fuckoffuary.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, Mook said:

The flu, I came down with it on Sunday night & have been stuck in my bed for three days solid. I genuinely thought at points on Monday that I might be dying. Probably through the worst of it now but still stuck in my scratcher & if someone offered me a deal to pay them £1,000 for this to be gone & I could go back to work tomorrow, I'd take it.

The biggest laugh is my missus has never had the flu & seems to think I'm taking the piss. 

Grim.

Went to the doctor this morning & had what he described as a seizure right there in front of the boy, I'm currently lying in hospital with pneumonia & pleurisy.

The good news is that my missus believes me now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

Just now, Mook said:

Went to the doctor this morning & had what he described as a seizure right there in front of the boy, I'm currently lying in hospital with pneumonia & pleurisy.

Man flu,you big tart!

38 minutes ago, Mook said:

Hope you make a speedy recovery, mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Haha! I was just thinking of doing an ‘anyone seen Mook’ post.

Bloody hell, mister

• Upvote 1

I hate that my car battery freezes at night if it gets below -25.

Meaning that most every night from December through February, I have to drive over to our garage about a 10-minute walk from our house, leave the car and trudge home through the snow trying not to freeze my bollocks off. And then get up in the morning and trudge back first thing.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, aRdja said:

I'm very susceptible to colds. I've honestly thought about wearing surgery masks on the morning commute a la the Japanese.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

RIP YNWA 

Seriously though get well soon mate. X

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

And whaddayknow, stepped out of my car this morning straight into a pile of soggy moss. Right up the back of my grey suede Adidas. Cunt weather. 

33 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I hate that my car battery freezes at night if it gets below -25.

Meaning that most every night from December through February, I have to drive over to our garage about a 10-minute walk from our house, leave the car and trudge home through the snow trying not to freeze my bollocks off. And then get up in the morning and trudge back first thing.

The disparity between these two posts is brilliant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Plenty of rest and no ramming things up your arse for a week.

Get well soon fella.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Plenty of rest and no ramming things up your arse for a week.

Mook at hospital upon hearing the news from the doctor. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mook said:

On the bright side, if you get a telly card at least the Freeview channels aren’t too bad on a Friday night. 

Get well soon, mate. 

• Upvote 1

Cheers folks, much appreciated. No telly but I've got my own room because they don't want me spreading my diseases everywhere.

They had an Eastern European bloke wheelchair me up here & he put a weird duck looking thing over my nose & mouth so I felt like a James Bond baddie for a bit too, which cheered me up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Cheers folks, much appreciated. No telly but I've got my own room because they don't want me spreading my diseases everywhere.

They had an Eastern European bloke wheelchair me up here & he put a weird duck looking thing over my nose & mouth so I felt like a James Bond baddie for a bit too, which cheered me up.

Some people will do anything for a good night’s kip

• Upvote 1

Just now, Champ said:

Some people will do anything for a good night’s kip

Usually me. Sleep isnt just a requirement for me, it's a pleasure.