Quantcast
Shite things about Winter. - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Seasons

Shite things about Winter.

Got no problem with the winter/cold until the day after new years day then it can just fuck off. grim moods, grim skies, grim everything. Suns shining here today which is nice but its still baltic outside. 

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. Come 11pm - 12am, I don’t feel ready to go to bed, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Got no problem with the winter/cold until the day after new years day then it can just fuck off. grim moods, grim skies, grim everything. Suns shining here today which is nice but its still baltic outside. 

So when Winter begins then? End of Jan/Feb have always been the worst. December is usually pleasant. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. I don’t feel ready to go to bed come 11pm - 12am, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I  sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

How's going to sleep to 6pm going for you? 

4 minutes ago, Seasons said:

So when Winter begins then? End of Jan/Feb have always been the worst. December is usually pleasant. 

January is horrible. My birthday is in February and although I don't really celebrate it, it kind of breaks the month up a bit. We will all be moaning about the heat before we know it. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

January is horrible. My birthday is in February and although I don't really celebrate it, it kind of breaks the month up a bit. We will all be moaning about the heat before we know it.

I fucking won’t be. 

We get about 2 weeks decent weather a year and I’d happily kill anyone moaning about it. 

• Upvote 1

I can’t understand people in this country moaning about the cold. For the most part, it doesn’t even get that cold, certainly not in English cities. Just turn the heating up and wear a big coat when you go out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I fucking won’t be. 

We get about 2 weeks decent weather a year and I’d happily kill anyone moaning about it. 

And weeks of it being dead humid and sticky.

I'm with Tone a bit here.

I used to walk around London in a T-Shirt in November.

Mind you, I was wearing a lavish pint coat 24/7 in them days.

Another shit thing about summer is you have to wear sunblock, or at least you should. Even the modern ones are too greasy and don’t mix with hairy arms and legs.

Love it when it's sunny and freezing cold but can't stand Autumn what with all those shitty dead leaves lying piling up into a mulch

36 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. Come 11pm - 12am, I don’t feel ready to go to bed, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

Light nights are fucking great, patio doors open, nice beverage. You just feel better.

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I fucking won’t be. 

Where were you last summer?!