You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shite things about Winter.

Oh Buoy

On 1/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, Mook said:

The flu, I came down with it on Sunday night & have been stuck in my bed for three days solid. I genuinely thought at points on Monday that I might be dying. Probably through the worst of it now but still stuck in my scratcher & if someone offered me a deal to pay them £1,000 for this to be gone & I could go back to work tomorrow, I'd take it.

The biggest laugh is my missus has never had the flu & seems to think I'm taking the piss. 

Grim.

Mook knows. I’d like to add common cold too. I take the trains to work in the morning, and I honestly don’t know which way to face, as everyone around me coughing and sniffling. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Mook knows. I’d like to add common cold too. I take the trains to work in the morning, and I honestly don’t know which way to face, as everyone around me coughing and sniffling. 

These cunts need to get themselves out of the silent carriage on my commute. 

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking dryanuary cunts. 

We sold xmas gift cards at the pub, expiry date end of Jan, as part of an effort to pull in extra trade in January. I've had dryanuary wankers asking me to "extend" their voucher dates into feb. They can fuck the fuck off. 

If they want to take part in yet another pointless campaign then let them pay the consequences. Either give up alcohol or don't and stop all the fuckin around. Cunts.

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

I hate that. Trains especially seem to be gigantic test tubes full of cold viruses 

9 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking dryanuary cunts. 

We sold xmas gift cards at the pub, expiry date end of Jan, as part of an effort to pull in extra trade in January. I've had dryanuary wankers asking me to "extend" their voucher dates into feb. They can fuck the fuck off. 

Offer to extend them to Fuckoffuary.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, Mook said:

The flu, I came down with it on Sunday night & have been stuck in my bed for three days solid. I genuinely thought at points on Monday that I might be dying. Probably through the worst of it now but still stuck in my scratcher & if someone offered me a deal to pay them £1,000 for this to be gone & I could go back to work tomorrow, I'd take it.

The biggest laugh is my missus has never had the flu & seems to think I'm taking the piss. 

Grim.

Went to the doctor this morning & had what he described as a seizure right there in front of the boy, I'm currently lying in hospital with pneumonia & pleurisy.

The good news is that my missus believes me now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Went to the doctor this morning & had what he described as a seizure right there in front of the boy, I'm currently lying in hospital with pneumonia & pleurisy.

Haha! I was just thinking of doing an ‘anyone seen Mook’ post.

Bloody hell, mister

• Upvote 1

I hate that my car battery freezes at night if it gets below -25.

Meaning that most every night from December through February, I have to drive over to our garage about a 10-minute walk from our house, leave the car and trudge home through the snow trying not to freeze my bollocks off. And then get up in the morning and trudge back first thing.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, aRdja said:

I'm very susceptible to colds. I've honestly thought about wearing surgery masks on the morning commute a la the Japanese.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

RIP YNWA 

Seriously though get well soon mate. X

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

And whaddayknow, stepped out of my car this morning straight into a pile of soggy moss. Right up the back of my grey suede Adidas. Cunt weather. 

33 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I hate that my car battery freezes at night if it gets below -25.

Meaning that most every night from December through February, I have to drive over to our garage about a 10-minute walk from our house, leave the car and trudge home through the snow trying not to freeze my bollocks off. And then get up in the morning and trudge back first thing.

The disparity between these two posts is brilliant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

On the bright side, if you get a telly card at least the Freeview channels aren’t too bad on a Friday night. 

Get well soon, mate. 

• Upvote 1

Cheers folks, much appreciated. No telly but I've got my own room because they don't want me spreading my diseases everywhere.

They had an Eastern European bloke wheelchair me up here & he put a weird duck looking thing over my nose & mouth so I felt like a James Bond baddie for a bit too, which cheered me up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Cheers folks, much appreciated. No telly but I've got my own room because they don't want me spreading my diseases everywhere.

They had an Eastern European bloke wheelchair me up here & he put a weird duck looking thing over my nose & mouth so I felt like a James Bond baddie for a bit too, which cheered me up.

Some people will do anything for a good night’s kip

• Upvote 1