You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shite things about Winter.

Oh Buoy

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Light nights are fucking great, patio doors open, nice beverage. You just feel better.

I know what you mean and appreciate most people prefer light nights, but I genuinely don’t. Autumn/winter has always been my favourite time of the year. Dark nights are boss.

D450E059-EDAA-44A2-8ADE-344C0999D800.gif

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I can’t understand people in this country moaning about the cold. For the most part, it doesn’t even get that cold, certainly not in English cities. Just turn the heating up and wear a big coat when you go out.

Tony knows. About the coat bit anyway. I love a nice walk in the crisp weather with a warm coat, hat, gloves etc. 

Central heating can be a fucker though. I get rhinitis. The heating really dries up my nose and sometimes makes my sinuses ache like a fucker and look visibly swollen. 

My only gripe about winter is the temperature in shops etc. They crank it up and it's horrible going from dead cold to dead hot straight away. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Tony knows. About the coat bit anyway. I love a nice walk in the crisp weather with a warm coat, hat, gloves etc. 

Central heating can be a fucker though. I get rhinitis. The heating really dries up my nose and sometimes makes my sinuses ache like a fucker and look visibly swollen. 

My only gripe about winter is the temperature in shops etc. They crank it up and it's horrible going from dead cold to dead hot straight away. 

Yeah, I don’t have the central heating on at all. Fucks my sinuses and dries my throat. Plays havoc with my skin, too. Used to have a wood burning stove in my old house, which was sound, though.

I dont mind the cold as such- unless you have to work out in it all day. Its a January thing, Christmas stuff all gone away, you get a shock to the system going back to work and everyone is rattling on about dry January. In the month where the pubs look most inviting, all cosy and warm.

Plus the Mrs starts wearing her dressing gown to bed, bit of a passion killer.....     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seasons said:

Summer was ace. 

Slept bollock naked the entire way through with any duvet. Great stuff. 

I slept on a sunlounger in the garden when it got very humid one night.

Possibly connected to the 7% Aspalls Cider I had recently discovered also 

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Plus the Mrs starts wearing her dressing gown to bed, bit of a passion killer.....     

Mine does that year round. I thought it was the done thing. 

Nothing sexier than a shite dressing gown to spark the chemistry. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I dont mind the cold as such- unless you have to work out in it all day. Its a January thing, Christmas stuff all gone away, you get a shock to the system going back to work and everyone is rattling on about dry January. In the month where the pubs look most inviting, all cosy and warm.

Is this dry January thing for charity?

8 minutes ago, Seasons said:

She tends to go to bed about half hour before me, sometimes I go up and its hard to find her beneath the pile of duvets, blankets and dressing gowns.

Shes probably not cold at all- just sending me a message loud and clear!  

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

Winter is fucking shit.

Cold, dark early, birds wearing too many layers, defrosting the car... it’s all bollocks.

Its so obviously bad I'm surprised it even occurred to anyone to start a thread...although as it was started by a poster calling himself 'Seasons' maybe I should cut him a bit of slack

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

44 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Catch some 'motivation to sort that shit out' rep

• Upvote 1

The flu, I came down with it on Sunday night & have been stuck in my bed for three days solid. I genuinely thought at points on Monday that I might be dying. Probably through the worst of it now but still stuck in my scratcher & if someone offered me a deal to pay them £1,000 for this to be gone & I could go back to work tomorrow, I'd take it.

The biggest laugh is my missus has never had the flu & seems to think I'm taking the piss. 

Grim.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Mook said:

The flu, I came down with it on Sunday night & have been stuck in my bed for three days solid. I genuinely thought at points on Monday that I might be dying. Probably through the worst of it now but still stuck in my scratcher & if someone offered me a deal to pay them £1,000 for this to be gone & I could go back to work tomorrow, I'd take it.

The biggest laugh is my missus has never had the flu & seems to think I'm taking the piss. 

Grim.

Thoughts and prayers etc

17 hours ago, Mook said:

Grim.

If you do croak it can I have your password so I can continue your good work on the forums? 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dave D said:

She tends to go to bed about half hour before me, sometimes I go up and its hard to find her beneath the pile of duvets, blankets and dressing gowns.

Shes probably not cold at all- just sending me a message loud and clear!  

Fuck me Dave, are you married to my mrs as well?

• Upvote 1