You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shite things about Winter.

Oh Buoy

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. Come 11pm - 12am, I don’t feel ready to go to bed, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Got no problem with the winter/cold until the day after new years day then it can just fuck off. grim moods, grim skies, grim everything. Suns shining here today which is nice but its still baltic outside. 

So when Winter begins then? End of Jan/Feb have always been the worst. December is usually pleasant. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. I don’t feel ready to go to bed come 11pm - 12am, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I  sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

How's going to sleep to 6pm going for you? 

4 minutes ago, Seasons said:

So when Winter begins then? End of Jan/Feb have always been the worst. December is usually pleasant. 

January is horrible. My birthday is in February and although I don't really celebrate it, it kind of breaks the month up a bit. We will all be moaning about the heat before we know it. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

January is horrible. My birthday is in February and although I don't really celebrate it, it kind of breaks the month up a bit. We will all be moaning about the heat before we know it.

I fucking won’t be. 

We get about 2 weeks decent weather a year and I’d happily kill anyone moaning about it. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I genuinely prefer the dark nights. In fact, I’m already getting pissed off about it gradually getting darker later. I hate it when it doesn’t get dark until about 10pm in the summer. Come 11pm - 12am, I don’t feel ready to go to bed, as it has only been dark for a couple of hours. It means I sit up well into the small hours, unable to sleep.

Light nights are fucking great, patio doors open, nice beverage. You just feel better.

• Upvote 5