Quantcast
Brighton (a) 12/1/19 EPL - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Brighton (a) 12/1/19 EPL

Iceman did inbox me and ask me to swerve his and start this. Back to winning ways please Reds. I reckon we will see Fabinho next to VVD which will be interesting. Fabinho was very good last night. Got rid , none of this fancy stuff. Growing into a very good asset for us him. 

Fail to win here and we are all of a sudden in a bit of a mess so a complete attacking performance needed. These are shite anyway so pit them to be asap. Settle the nerves and get back into the groove. 

Keeper, back 4 (with Fabinho) and front 3 pick themselves. In the middle I'd go Wijnaldum, Keita (key him playing even though he was shit last night) Henderson in the middle. Could even see him playing Lallana over Henderson. What Henderson lacks in end product, he makes up in energy and we will need that on Saturday. Shaqiri on the bench for playing more like Shakira last night apart from his free-kick. 

Into these Reds *

* In purely footballing terms 

• Upvote 2

Good lad! Another really really important game - need to get back to winning ways, especially as Man C don't play til Monday.

People on RAWK saying VVD is injured - hopefully it is nothing but fucking hell we have a problem if it is.

I can only assume it is this Klopp comment that is fueling that talk:

Klopp said: “I had to make these [9] changes. A few players were really ill and then in the last session we lost Lallana with a minor thing, but it’s enough [to rule him out]. Hendo had something from the Man City game. Virg cannot play; he is at home and hopefully it is nothing but he has played all the games so far.”.”

As you say if Fabinho plays CB Kieta will be the key to beating this lot ball on the ground , driving from midfield short passes with front three. Not that crap we witnessed tonight but with Henderson injured he needs to step up. 

3 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

As you say if Fabinho plays CB Kieta will be the key to beating this lot ball on the ground , driving from midfield short passes with front three. Not that crap we witnessed tonight but with Henderson injured he needs to step up. 

Its all well and good him marauding forward with the ball but his end product is shite. He has a chance to put Salah in at the end last night and his pass was far too heavy it just went out. Badly needs game time as there is obvious quality there. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Klopp said: “I had to make these [9] changes. A few players were really ill and then in the last session we lost Lallana with a minor thing, but it’s enough [to rule him out]. Hendo had something from the Man City game. Virg cannot play; he is at home and hopefully it is nothing but he has played all the games so far.”.”

I think Klopp is playing a dangerous game keeping Lallana on, knowing how injury prone he is. Same with Lovren, if he decides not to use this window to sign a rotation defender.

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I think Klopp is playing a dangerous game keeping Lallana on, knowing how injury prone he is. Same with Lovren, if he decides not to use this window to sign a rotation defender.

Having unreliable fringe players is a risky business - i know Jan is a difficult one to do good business in but I really feel an addition or two could be the difference between maybe winning the title and fading away/falling short against unreal opposition.

Even if it is just good experienced and reliable cover and is moved on in Summer - again i know that is not easy to do though.

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The night Lanana is needed. Out again. VVD was sick was he not?

Possibly, may just have been cover for 'I want to rest him and I don't want the FA crawling up my arse' for playing a weakened team unnecessarily. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

Having unreliable fringe players is a risky business - i know Jan is a difficult one to do good business in but I really feel an addition or two could be the difference between maybe winning the title and fading away/falling short against unreal opposition.

Even if it is just good experienced and reliable cover and is moved on in Summer - again i know that is not easy to do though.

Other sides are managing their fringe players well enough. Although perhaps the chips are falling their favour when it comes to Cup draws. Arsenal vs Man Utd next round is tough on them though.

January has provided us with some of our best players over the years. Coutinho was January, van Dijk also. Was Suarez too? Then again, perhaps so was Andy Carroll...

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Possibly, may just have been cover for 'I want to rest him and I don't want the FA crawling up my arse' for playing a weakened team unnecessarily. 

That’s what I thought.

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Other sides are managing their fringe players well enough. Although perhaps the chips are falling their favour when it comes to Cup draws. Arsenal vs Man Utd next round is tough on them though.

January has provided us with some of our best players over the years. Coutinho was January, van Dijk also. Was Suarez too? Then again, perhaps so was Andy Carroll...

I think our 'problem' is our fringe players have too many injury prone and simply not up to it amongst their number.

I think the drop off in quality and reliability from our best team to a rotated team is more dramatic than any of our rivals.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Thankfully/ hopefully most will be off in the summer and replaced.

I'd like to think so but we've been saying this for years. Nobody will touch them because a, they are shite and b, they are on stupid money and eat up potential signings' wages.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd like to think so but we've been saying this for years. Nobody will touch them because a, they are shite and b, they are on stupid money and eat up potential signings' wages.

Moreno, Sturridge, Markovic out of contract. We will get money for Lallana and Origi, even Mignolet. 

Anyone is better than Moreno, surely can be replaced for a reasonable cost. Back up arl arse for Mongo mkII in goal. Wilson for Lallana, Brewster in for Origi.

Easy this lark.

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Reminder that Michael Edwards is a miracle worker who has, to take a couple of examples, sold Dominic Solanke and Jordon Ibe for enough money to pay for Mohamed Salah.

d1c3d7528926bd0002a74341a44329bd.jpg

We need a win, losing breeds losing, so we need to get back to winning ways. We are going to have be be near perfect now if we want to win the league as I think City won't make many more slips 

• Upvote 2

I sincerely hope that it's not too cold for people that their willies shrink up and they then struggle to piss.

We're fuckin shite.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I sincerely hope that it's not too cold for people that their willies shrink up and they then struggle to piss.

We're fuckin shite.

Two pairs of bills sorts that.

Alisson

Fabinho

Van Dijk

Trent

Robertson

Hendo

Gini

Shaqiri

Firmino

Mane

Salah

if Lovren is fit, then he’s in for Hendo and swap positiona with Fab.