You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (a) 12/1/19 EPL

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Thought gini had a good game myself. Hendo seems like a decent lad but he's mid table standard not a team chasing titles and european glory. Horrible watching him.

We really need naby to get his confidence up. Could be the difference for us.

Great 3 points. I was worried about this one. Brighton are a limited but solid team and going there is never easy. 

Wijnaldum did a lot of vital defensive work. Their last attack 94 minutes into the game he sprinted back 30 yards to deny them the break. Many situations like that during the game from him. He’s not the most spectacular player, but he’s having an excellent season, and was good again today. Van Dijk and Alisson are main reasons we concede so little, but there are others too.

• Upvote 3

wish these shit teams would just fuck off and play footie instead of all this everyone defending really deep shite. The weird part is that it just doesn't work against us - we've played 15 teams outside the top 6 and we've got 45 points. Maybe they should actually try and attack every now and again?

14 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Wijnaldum did a lot of vital defensive work. Their last attack 94 minutes into the game he sprinted back 30 yards to deny them the break. Many situations like that during the game from him. He’s not the most spectacular player, but he’s having an excellent season, and was good again today. Van Dijk and Alisson are main reasons we concede so little, but there are others too.

Wijnaldum's stamina is unbelievable. He consistently makes interventions at the end of matches that are so important. We saw the worst version of him in the first half though where he takes a million touches and then passes it backwards. 

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Thought Henderson had a good second half.

Keita playing for a non-existent foul in his own half as soon as he came on was infuriating. 

Great three points after two straight defeats. 

Klopp told him to carry on kicking it in the same direction at HT. Worked a treat

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Henderson was good again and there is some absolute rubbish written about him even when he plays well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats all I want our centre halves to do. Twat the fucker into the stratosphere 

That explains what they should do with their strikers but the ball should be played out from the back.

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The first time we played first, went above and put pressure on City they folded like a deck chair. 

In a roundabout way, losing to Wolves could have been a good thing if they gain confidence from it and go there and get something on Monday night. 

Wolves are a very decent team. The way they hold the ball with technically gifted players and full backs like doherty who are good going forward, they won't make it easy for anyone. I think city will win, but i don't think it will be easy for them.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You don't remember Phil Babb do you 

I remember one of the TTWAR fanzine covers that had a picture of Babb looking at a ball a few yards in front of him and the caption “COME BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE ROUND BASTARD.”

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Thought Henderson had a good second half.

Keita playing for a non-existent foul in his own half as soon as he came on was infuriating. 

Great three points after two straight defeats. 

Bringing him on in the 89th minute when we're 1-0 up was a bizarre decision. 

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Wolves are a very decent team. The way they hold the ball with technically gifted players and full backs like doherty who are good going forward, they won't make it easy for anyone. I think city will win, but i don't think it will be easy for them.

Agreed. Can't see City getting any more than six against them.

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I remember one of the TTWAR fanzine covers that had a picture of Babb looking at a ball a few yards in front of him and the caption “COME BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE ROUND BASTARD.”

TTWAR was absolute class back in the day. Steve Kelly wasn’t it. What’s he upto these days? Does he still do it?