You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (a) 12/1/19 EPL

Bjornebye

51 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I've been dreading this for no real reason, but I've just looked at the league table and remembered that we're really good.

0-2 to the LFC. Fabinho comes of age as the new Cruyff. 

It’s the media narrative going on about ‘2 defeats in a row’ when it was a completely different team last game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LFC boosted by good luck before Brighton clash; Hughton forced to field journeyman

LFC boosted by good luck before Brighton clash; Hughton forced to field journeyman

Brighton will not be able to field their excellent goalkeeper Maty Ryan against Liverpool on Saturday.

The Australian is at the Asia Cup and as a result, David Button will guard Brighton’s net at the Amex.

The 29-year-old is at his 17th club, having spent various seasons on loan to non-league teams while owned by Tottenham between 2008 and 2012.

Most recently, Button played for Fulham in the Championship, before losing his place midway through last season and transferring to Brighton as Ryan’s understudy in the summer.

SEE MORE:
Klopp should pick this XI v Brighton to get LFC back on winning ways

Elsewhere, Alireza Jahanbakhsh is also at the Asia Cup, while the impressive Jose Izquierdo and Bernardo are both injured.

Liverpool of course have our own issues, with three senior central defenders, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren, all unavailable due to fitness issues.

Fabinho will deputise alongside Virgil van Dijk, and will be charged with keeping experienced, physical forward Glenn Murray quiet.

We beat Brighton 1-0 at home this term, but will hopefully be able to put on a more fluid performance this time around – although in truth – three points is our only real concern at this stage.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/01/09/lfc-boosted-by-good-luck-before-brighton-clash-hughton-forced-to-field-journeyman/

Image result for mike mansfield queue the music

Queue the goalkeeper worldie performance

Cunts are coming out of the woodwork thinking we're going to hit a bad patch. It's our job to stifle them and have them quickly forget about that. City game was absolutely devastating result, Wolves a total irrelevance. Time to make our statement. Brighton are a decent side this year and have a good home record, but we beat these 9-1 on aggregate last year. The home game in particular was one of the most one sided games of football I've ever watched and we were denied around 3 blatant pens, only beat them 1-0 this season, but we were really not playing fluently and grinding out results at that stage. Expect a huge response from us and a comfortable 3-0 win, with all the front 3 scoring and forgetting that Fabinho even had to play CB. 

• Upvote 1

I think we will negotiate this game one way or another although it may not be pretty.

Fabhino will probably be OK and Matip and Gomez are coming back soon form what we hear.

My main concern is Van Dyjk and has been all along. It's odds against I reckon that he will stay injury free for the rest of the season. 

After watching the "Sunderland til I die" series on Netflix, I was sooooooo hoping it would be Jason Steele between the sticks for them tomorrow. I'm guessing that Button character is still some way off their first keeper? Hoping for an Allison to Mignolet drop-off. In that case we will put 6 past them. I'm going for a measly 4-1 win to remain on the cautious side.

4 hours ago, lebron said:

After watching the "Sunderland til I die" series on Netflix, I was sooooooo hoping it would be Jason Steele between the sticks for them tomorrow. I'm guessing that Button character is still some way off their first keeper? Hoping for an Allison to Mignolet drop-off. In that case we will put 6 past them. I'm going for a measly 4-1 win to remain on the cautious side.

Brighton wont get four,three at a push.