You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you take Coutinho Back?

Boss

Would you accept him coming back?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

He’s not coming back because we wouldn’t give them half the money they gave us for him. For 40-50m I think we would though.  I think any club would be daft to offer 100m for him which is what you would expect they would want.

He was flying in his final year or so here because of Klopp’s tactics, man management and his familiarity with the team and atmosphere/fans.  If another team signed him they would experience the same problems Barca are.  He is one of those awkward number 10 type players that the best teams in the game have generally moved away from.  The problem will be where do you play him?  I think Klopp would work him back into the midfield and we would be better for it but it’s just not worth the money they would want. He might be Torres’d for all we know.

13 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He’s not coming back because we wouldn’t give them half the money they gave us for him. For 40-50m I think we would though.  I think any club would be daft to offer 100m for him which is what you would expect they would want.

He was flying in his final year or so here because of Klopp’s tactics, man management and his familiarity with the team and atmosphere/fans.  If another team signed him they would experience the same problems Barca are.  He is one of those awkward number 10 type players that the best teams in the game have generally moved away from.  The problem will be where do you play him?  I think Klopp would work him back into the midfield and we would be better for it but it’s just not worth the money they would want. He might be Torres’d for all we know.

His best position; AML. Switch Mane to the right and Salah upfront with Bobby playing the no 10 role behind Salah,

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

His best position; AML. Switch Mane to the right and Salah upfront with Bobby playing the no 10 role behind Salah,

Bobby’s been garbage in that role and it hampers Salah.  Mané could play anywhere though.  I think Fabinho in a midfield 2 works great as well.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

This would involve all four players not playing in their best position. Doesn't seem a particularly good idea.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

This would involve all four players not playing in their best position. Doesn't seem a particularly good idea.

On the contrary.

1. Bobby is a natural no 10.

2. Mane is as good on the right as he is on the left. Take your mind back to his first season with us.

3. Coutinho is and has always been best played on the left. He’s a sub-standard CM.

4. I’m willing to concede with Salah, but he did excel playing mostly upfront in the first half of this season.

10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

On the contrary.

1. Bobby is a natural no 10.

2. Mane is as good on the right as he is on the left. Take your mind back to his first season with us.

3. Coutinho is and has always been best played on the left. He’s a sub-standard CM.

4. I’m willing to concede with Salah, but he did excel playing mostly upfront in the first half of this season.

Your choice of trainies is seeping into your football threads.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Other than being your opinion you cant support any of them either

All of those are backed by stats Howie e.g., prior to his conversion into a false 9, Bobby played mostly in that half space behind the striker. I’m sure I’ve posted the transfermarkt link before.

Firmino does not have a single assist this year playing in the hole. Not one. He does however have a bunch playing as the CF.

Every discussion on here has centered how he is not nearly as effective playing there, and that the team is not as good.

I understand that you have posted similar malarkey before. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Firmino does not have a single assist this year playing in the hole. Not one. He does however have a bunch playing as the CF.

Every discussion on here has centered how he is not nearly as effective playing there, and that the team is not as good.

I understand that you have posted similar malarkey before.

That’s not right. He scored 6 goals and made 2 assists, from the 13 games he played behind Salah this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/leistungsdaten/spieler/131789

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s not right. He scored 6 goals and made 2 assists, from the 13 games he played behind Salah this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/leistungsdaten/spieler/131789

You have an issue pal -- whoscored does not agree with you. I am worried that you have been using un true facts.

Certainly any statto worth his salt knows that is the bible. 

He is a modern Left sided midfielder. Or an old fashioned Inside Left. Its a toss up.

You have to understand aRdja has to keep track of:

AML's

Attacking Mids

Number 10's

Second Strikers

Proper Number 9's

AMC's

Number 8's

CM's

False 9's

Deep Lying Playmakers

DM's

Anyone/Everyone playing on the right side getting forward

There is VERY little chance that the same player could succeed in more than one of these very specialized roles.

• Upvote 2