Quantcast
Would you take Coutinho Back? - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Boss

Would you take Coutinho Back?

Would you accept him coming back?  

128 members have voted

  1. 1. Yes or No?



Recommended Posts

I would take Coutinho back depending on how the deal was structured, if, for example, we have already received 40 mil. for him, I'd be prepared to write off as much as 100 mil. if it's in instalments years down the line and some or much of it in add-ons which we already know may not be realistic. It would mean we loaned him to Barcelona for a year so he can see if he can make it there and received 40 mil. from Barcelona for the privilege. If we had to give up full 100 mil. over the next 2 years, probably not.
 

Overall, getting him back 12 months later for half of what we got for him should be a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SasaS said:

I would take Coutinho back depending on how the deal was structured, if, for example, we have already received 40 mil. for him, I'd be prepared to write off as much as 100 mil. if it's in instalments years down the line and some or much of it in add-ons which we already know may not be realistic. It would mean we loaned him to Barcelona for a year so he can see if he can make it there and received 40 mil. from Barcelona for the privilege. If we had to give up full 100 mil. over the next 2 years, probably not.
 

Overall, getting him back 12 months later for half of what we got for him should be a good deal.

Why do you care? It’s Phil Coutinho.. at his best he’s the best player in the league!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Why do you care? It’s Phil Coutinho.. at his best he’s the best player in the league!!!


Because completing transfer number one usually means transfer number two is no longer possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SasaS said:


Because completing transfer number one usually means transfer number two is no longer possible.

I don’t understand. If it was gonna cost the club £100m to bring Coutinho back, why would you care so much about the payment structure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t understand. If it was gonna cost the club £100m to bring Coutinho back, why would you care so much about the payment structure?


Because this structure may mean it wouldn't cost a 100 mil., and if it was over a longer period of time, we may have not spent "the Coutinho money", so it wouldn't directly impact other transfers. I wouldn't pay a 100 mil. outright for him, because for that money, we could maybe get players we may need more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In isolation, you'd be dumb to say no, but in the real world context where we sold him for an absolute ransom and got a world class keeper and centre half with the money, I'd do the move every single time. We exchanged a luxury player for the back end of a tremendous spine. 

 

Plus, there's no way I'd pay 100m for him to have him back. Even in his best of form, he's not good enough to be the difference for a top side, because as mentioned he's a luxury player. As an aside, I wouldn't pay 100m for Isco either who I think is similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SasaS said:


Because this structure may mean it wouldn't cost a 100 mil., and if it was over a longer period of time, we may have not spent "the Coutinho money", so it wouldn't directly impact other transfers. I wouldn't pay a 100 mil. outright for him, because for that money, we could maybe get players we may need more.

I disagree with that because 1) I’m sure the clubs run accrual accounting book; revenue from future payment installments already recorded against cash receivables 2) It’s Phil Coutinho! He’s up there amongst the very best players in the world and we KNOW that he fits in to the team and the league. He’s as close to a guaranteed success as you can find. Fuck other transfers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I disagree with that because 1) I’m sure the clubs run accrual accounting book; revenue from future payment installments already recorded against cash receivables 2) It’s Phil Coutinho! He’s up there amongst the very best players in the world and we KNOW that he fits in to the team and the league. He’s as close to a guaranteed success as you can find. Fuck other transfers.


The way the deal is structured affects the actual value. Also, we already have 2 players who we signed after he left for some of his roles, so you would have to factor that in before you say fuck other transfers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SasaS said:


The way the deal is structured affects the actual value. Also, we already have 2 players who we signed after he left for some of his roles, so you would have to factor that in before you say fuck other transfers.

If guaranteed payment installments then no... it wouldn’t. Let’s not get bog down on the accounting, I’m guessing the 2 players are Keita and Shaq? Coutinho is a much better footballer than both them (currently). He’s a guaranteed success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, aRdja said:

If guaranteed payment installments then no... it wouldn’t. Let’s not get bog down on the accounting, I’m guessing the 2 players are Keita and Shaq? Coutinho is a much better footballer than both them (currently). He’s a guaranteed success.

 

I know it's all a bit academic because he is not coming back, but surely it should be viewed in context, is there a Coutinho shaped hole in our team, as there was, more or less, a VVD shaped hole in defence or Alisson's in goal. With Shaq and if presumably Keita finally gets going, and with AOC coming back, it isn't anymore, so we would have to factor all that in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

 

I know it's all a bit academic because he is not coming back, but surely it should be viewed in context, is there a Coutinho shaped hole in our team, as there was, more or less, a VVD shaped hole in defence or Alisson's in goal. With Shaq and if presumably Keita finally gets going, and with AOC coming back, it isn't anymore, so we would have to factor all that in.

I’m a big fan of Ox, but I’d readily sell all three players to bring Coutinho back. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coutinho is one of the best players in the world in that position in our side - Shaqiri is a nice player,could get time for us across any place in the front 4- Keita is a non entitiy there and AoC is a punt

 

ArDja - yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I would take a world class player back instead of any of the numerous cunts that add nothing or any of the many average water carrier midfielders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not my money - but if you are telling me we can't get Werner, Aouar, the turkish kid (fill in the blank) etc if we get Coutinho back -  I am fine with that. Round peg, round hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

OK. How much would you pay for Coutinho?

 I don’t know, I’d be happy to just return the money they gave us in full to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well -- not all of it, we are not chumps

We are chumps mate if we believe there is any realistic possibility of it happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is actually pretty good at the passing thing too.

 

So passing, dribbling and shooting

Aside from these though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

In isolation, you'd be dumb to say no, but in the real world context where we sold him for an absolute ransom and got a world class keeper and centre half with the money, I'd do the move every single time. We exchanged a luxury player for the back end of a tremendous spine. 

 

Plus, there's no way I'd pay 100m for him to have him back. Even in his best of form, he's not good enough to be the difference for a top side, because as mentioned he's a luxury player. As an aside, I wouldn't pay 100m for Isco either who I think is similar. 

Coutinho has played like Zidane in comparison to Isco this season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×