You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you take Coutinho Back?

Boss

Would you accept him coming back?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You have an issue pal -- whoscored does not agree with you. I am worried that you have been using un true facts.

Certainly any statto worth his salt knows that is the bible. 

Did you even click that link?

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

On the contrary.

1. Bobby is a natural no 10.

2. Mane is as good on the right as he is on the left. Take your mind back to his first season with us.

3. Coutinho is and has always been best played on the left. He’s a sub-standard CM.

4. I’m willing to concede with Salah, but he did excel playing mostly upfront in the first half of this season.

I will simply take issue with one of those points just to play along with you. Yes Mane is probably as good on the right as on the left,ditto Salah,but the reason a right footer is on the left and a leftie on the right is to create space for our full backs to overlap and support in attacking positions. It's almost the whole ethos of how we play,or maybe you havent noticed in the last three years? Been pretty successful too.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't upend our best attacking player this season to squeeze Coutinho in to a position that isn't even his best. When most of us talk about position it's based on an old fashioned notion of rigid English football that in no way resembles how we play. If you played him forward left then he'd still occupy the entire space between midfield and attack. 

He excels in creating and scoring goals. You give him a platform to do that by anchoring the midfield with Fab and Gini. Keep the forward line intact and let him play between them. Formation is just a fancy graphic on sky sports for the most part when it comes to us.

44 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I wouldn't upend our best attacking player this season to squeeze Coutinho in to a position that isn't even his best. When most of us talk about position it's based on an old fashioned notion of rigid English football that in no way resembles how we play. If you played him forward left then he'd still occupy the entire space between midfield and attack. 

He excels in creating and scoring goals. You give him a platform to do that by anchoring the midfield with Fab and Gini. Keep the forward line intact and let him play between them. Formation is just a fancy graphic on sky sports for the most part when it comes to us.

Coutinho’s best position is clearly AML

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I will simply take issue with one of those points just to play along with you. Yes Mane is probably as good on the right as on the left,ditto Salah,but the reason a right footer is on the left and a leftie on the right is to create space for our full backs to overlap and support in attacking positions. It's almost the whole ethos of how we play,or maybe you havent noticed in the last three years? Been pretty successful too.

Mane could still cut in, like Sterling at City when played on the right. 

• 2 months later...
On 03/04/2019 at 10:19, stringvest said:

Overrated.  And not a Klopp player. So no. 

Interesting thought. 

Would we still think he wasn't a Klopp player if he stayed? Would he really stand out, as not fitting in? Now sturridge has left, is there any more non-klopp players that still happen to be here? 

On 13/06/2019 at 07:27, Aventus said:

Interesting thought. 

Would we still think he wasn't a Klopp player if he stayed? Would he really stand out, as not fitting in? Now sturridge has left, is there any more non-klopp players that still happen to be here? 

I think his dubious commitment, negative presence in the dressing room, work ethic, his tendency to allow his head to go down, and his lack of pace probably don’t endear him to Klopp.  

• Upvote 1

The team has gone from strength to strength since his departure, so I don’t think there’s necessarily a guaranteed starting position for him, although I’d take him back as a cut-price option off the bench like Shaqiri, if Barcelona want him off the books and that’s something he’d be willing to accept. Our consecutive trips to the Champions League final might be tempting for a player who hasn’t yet scaled those heights in European competition.

If, what reports had said, he'd called a private meeting and asked other players to lean on the club to let him go and then said had a "bad back" so couldnt play - to agitate a move - it would have been an immediate yes.

I dont know if those reports are true or not. Just what I read from journo's a few months after the move. Journo's - hence I dont now if it was true or not.

I dont think it matters what us fans think, I think he's probably fisted himself with both arms right up his hoop with the club.

Sad really, I do like him as a player, and he was very good for us when he was here.

But in life, never mind football, never say never hey... I guess he'll end up at PSG or something. He'd be better off fucking off to Italy.

• Upvote 1