You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you take Coutinho Back?

Boss

Would you accept him coming back?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

Lovren and Lallana kick up stinks to get out of Southampton(don't start), Keita started causing issues to try and force the deal a year early. It happens all the time and as expected fans only get the arse when there teams get fucked. Same when you want a player to leave and they refuse fans lose their shit, but when a player wants to leave the shouts of show some loyalty come out. Its a business at the end of the day, so long as the manager and players would happily see a player back I ha e no issue with it

I blame Barcelona. Look at the rest of his time here. Never bad-mouthed the club once on International duty. He never arsed us around with contract extensions. When Sterling refused to sign a £100,000 contract Coutinho signed for £60,000 no questions asked. When Fabinho and Alisson where being courted, it was Coutinho that convinced them to come (along with Bobby).

What he did was a disgrace though. You can't sugar coat it. I bet he feels like a prize plum now, with all the Barca fans booing him and treating him like shit on a stick. He was genuinely loved here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Lovren and Lallana kick up stinks to get out of Southampton(don't start), Keita started causing issues to try and force the deal a year early. It happens all the time and as expected fans only get the arse when there teams get fucked. Same when you want a player to leave and they refuse fans lose their shit, but when a player wants to leave the shouts of show some loyalty come out. Its a business at the end of the day, so long as the manager and players would happily see a player back I ha e no issue with it

Wait, you're saying football fans are hypocrites? Stop the presses. 

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah, you are right.

If it makes a difference, I have had nothing but dislike for both Lovren and Lallana since they’ve been here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've voted yes because the manager would have sanctioned it. I can't see it happening though.

It's a very long shot but if we can get him at any sort of sensible price it's a no brainer for me.

We don't seem to having a lot of luck lining up any other quality midfielders and signs are Keita is be sold . I don't hold the same grudges some others seem hold and I think the way Suarez and Alonso engineered their exits was a lot worse than Phil yet they are still revered. 

33 minutes ago, magicrat said:

It's a very long shot but if we can get him at any sort of sensible price it's a no brainer for me.

We don't seem to having a lot of luck lining up any other quality midfielders and signs are Keita is be sold . I don't hold the same grudges some others seem hold and I think the way Suarez and Alonso engineered their exits was a lot worse than Phil yet they are still revered. 

What signs are these?

3 minutes ago, Jenson said:

What signs are these?

This was just a sample of today's rumours. I know it's probably all bollocks. Would still take Coutinho back mind.

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane says 23-year-old Spain midfielder Marco Asensio, who has been linked with Liverpool, will not be sold by the club. (Mirror)

Liverpool will miss out on Ajax and Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt as Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu is travelling to seal a deal for the 19-year-old. (S*n)

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

This was just a sample of today's rumours. I know it's probably all bollocks. Would still take Coutinho back mind.

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane says 23-year-old Spain midfielder Marco Asensio, who has been linked with Liverpool, will not be sold by the club. (Mirror)

Liverpool will miss out on Ajax and Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt as Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu is travelling to seal a deal for the 19-year-old. (S*n)

Pasting something from the scum paper? I thought you knew better man

11 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Pasting something from the scum paper? I thought you knew better man

ive seen the same rumour on twitter and facebook  the scum were not quoted but wouldnt surprise me 1 bit if thats where its started 

Barcelona are worried that midfielder Philippe Coutinho is in a state of depression amid links with a move to England, a report claims.

Coutinho chose to swap Anfield for the Nou Camp back in January 2018, joining the Catalan side in a colossal £142million (€165m) deal which made him the second most-expensive player of all time.

However he has struggled to hit the ground running at Barcelona, netting just four La Liga goals from 27 appearances so far this season amid concerns over his best position.

With those struggles, strong speculation has surfaced claiming that Manchester United are interested in a summer move, while Liverpool have also been linked with a shock attempt to re-sign him.

Stamford Bridge has been mentioned as a possible destination too, with Chelsea preparing to replace Eden Hazard should he move to Madrid.

Now, LaLiga expert Guillem Balague has provided an update on the situation, stating that the Brazil star’s mental state is causing complications.

“As I said, Barcelona have said we’re not getting rid of him, we’re not selling him,” he said on YouTube.

“Liverpool are not interested in bringing him back either for the money he would cost. They [Barcelona] said they’re not selling.

“So when Coutinho and his entourage realised they were not opening the door to him his representatives are putting out there an impression, via certain articles, that he would be willing to go.

“He’s told people in the national side that he’s willing to go and wants to test himself.

“Two things about that. One is that Barcelona don’t want to sell, you’re going to have to come round and try to improve and be the best you can be.

“Two, Barcelona are worried about Coutinho. Not because they don’t think he can play a role – but they feel he doesn’t come out of the melancholic state that he’s in.

“They want him to stay, they want him to prove his value. They think they may see it in the next few weeks or months.

“But they are worried about him and think he is depressed and down. I say depressed because that’s the word they use at the club.

“I’m telling you, right now, they are NOT getting rid of Coutinho.”

I wouldn't take him back because of all that Fab Four nonsense we had to endure the first time.  Plus, when he left and I wittily remarked that the Fab Four had become the Crucial Three, nobody picked up on my hilarious Julian Cope/Bunnymen related gag and I didn't get any rep for it.  So fuck him. 

• Upvote 2