You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you take Coutinho Back?

Boss

Would you accept him coming back?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

Reckon he will end up PSG

Saw this online

Screenshot_20190323-014026.jpg

I really thought he was one of football’s decent eggs, and him wanting to leave didn’t change that, the #freecoutinho and crying when he scored for Brazil did. Plus the fake back injuries. A meff among meffs. Along with Mascherano and all the rest of the “Real Madrid and/or Barca is my destiny” fucking weapons. Hope he ends up at PSG, as that is another smattering of cunt and far enough detached from me having to see his “poor me, I’m just a nice lad” expression on his grid.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I really thought he was one of football’s decent eggs, and him wanting to leave didn’t change that, the #freecoutinho and crying when he scored for Brazil did. Plus the fake back injuries. A meff among meffs. Along with Mascherano and all the rest of the “Real Madrid and/or Barca is my destiny” fucking weapons. Hope he ends up at PSG, as that is another smattering of cunt and far enough detached from me having to see his “poor me, I’m just a nice lad” expression on his grid.

Exactly. I don't want him back irrespective of how good he is because of how he acted during the later part of his years here. He disrespected the institution that is our club and we are far bigger than him. 

How do people views players that do what they have to do forcing a move to us. Pretty sure most teams don't let star players leave just cause the player wants a move. He acted a twat yes, but so have plenty of players to get moves to us 

12 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Why do you think that was? Perhaps the same reason Alonso had a stormer of a season just before he left?

Yeah. I've never seen him play so consistently well yet he looked like he was a thousand miles away.

*Coutinho

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

How do people views players that do what they have to do forcing a move to us. Pretty sure most teams don't let star players leave just cause the player wants a move. He acted a twat yes, but so have plenty of players to get moves to us 

They might be twats but they're our twats. 

I wouldn't take him back because we'd never get a his value. Barca would be trying to fleece us and they can get fucked. Sure in an ideal world it's a possibility but in an ideal world Steven Gerrard would be 18 and replacing Milner next season.

Coutinho decided it was better to leave us mid-season during a CL run that he would be cup tied for rather than wait til the summer just to get to his precious Barcelona. I don't hold any ill will against him but unless it's a good deal it's not worth it.

19 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Can we interest them in Keita?

Straight swap, scrap the add-ons.

Some chatter about Klopp being ready to sanction Keita sale, maybe adding two and two together with talk of Coutinho being for sale at the same time. 

On 23/03/2019 at 13:17, Captain Turdseye said:

Of course I’d have him back but like others have said it’d have to be relatively on the cheap. 

This. Not arsed that he angled for a move, he isn't a local lad and most south americans dream of Barca or Real Madrid. He would be fucking boss in this side right now. 

Fuck him. 

I would hate for him to come back to another English club, but I don't think he's what we need.

He was a good player here, but its not like he's a Suarez/Gerrard level player. If we play 4-3-3 then he wouldn't even get in our strongest team anymore, so we'd have to play 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him in the number ten role. 

Its got a bit of a feel of when Owen went to Real Madrid about it. We've moved on and the player hasn't made it but now wants to come back with his tail between his legs. 

In the summer we really need a top level forward to put pressure on Firmino and the type of midfielder like Oxlade-Chamberlain is but less injury prone. Coutinho isn't either of those.       

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I would hate for him to come back to another English club, but I don't think he's what we need.

He was a good player here, but its not like he's a Suarez/Gerrard level player. If we play 4-3-3 then he wouldn't even get in our strongest team anymore, so we'd have to play 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him in the number ten role. 

Its got a bit of a feel of when Owen went to Real Madrid about it. We've moved on and the player hasn't made it but now wants to come back with his tail between his legs. 

In the summer we really need a top level forward to put pressure on Firmino and the type of midfielder like Oxlade-Chamberlain is but less injury prone. Coutinho isn't either of those.       

Yeah for the money he would cost we defo have bigger priorities. 

We have to look at it selfishly though. I'd have Suarez back in a heartbeat. Fuck me I'd have Torres back. And Fowler. 

Rush came back from Juventus , wonder how that would have gone down on here. Everyone arguing over it while Lifetime Fan just wanks himself into a dizzy mess. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Some chatter about Klopp being ready to sanction Keita sale, maybe adding two and two together with talk of Coutinho being for sale at the same time. 

Keita going after a year is unlikely but wouldn’t be a colossal surprise. 

Sometimes things just don’t work out.

Says a lot about how well we’ve done this season and how well other transfers have gone that a player we were all so excited about has offered almost nothing. 

On 23/03/2019 at 09:37, Lee909 said:

It’s a valid point. Who are the main protagonists before I make a wild and sweeping judgement?

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

Virgil van Dijk.  

Yeah, he did act a cunt in both his moves actually. Agreed. He will probably do it to us one day. Betting he doesn’t cry in punblic though.

Are there any more? Honestly can’t think of them