Quantcast
Would you take Coutinho Back? - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Boss

Would you take Coutinho Back?

Would you accept him coming back?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

A genius but Klopp's building something bigger than the individual. Coutinho's betrayal is antithetical to his project.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I guess it depends on what the alternative is. If it's would I take a world class player back just like that I'd say yes fucking please. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I guess it depends on what the alternative is. If it's would I take a world class player back just like that I'd say yes fucking please. 

Aye, this 

A guy who knows our system and could pretty much slot straight in and help us win the title? Yeah, I’d have some of that. Still, ain’t gonna happen so fuck him, the malingering rat

• Upvote 1

Doesn't it depend on the price (or the opportunity cost)?

Like, if he costs 15m and we can still get everyone else we want this summer, then sure. But that would never happen. If it's a straight choice between Coutinho and Werner or someone like that, and we don't have the money to do both, then I'd prefer Werner.

The problem with this whole hypothetical is that it's just way too unrealistic. Barca just paid 140m for him. They're not selling him for less than 100m (and even that would surprise me). There is zero chance we'd be interested at that price. ZERO.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

In terms of natural talent, he’d still be no 1 in the team, so you’d have to really.

Imo strength, speed and height are natural talents too so I'd class Salah and Van Dijk higher. Coutinho and Alisson are probably about level.

Just now, Hades said:

Imo strength, speed and height are natural talents too so I'd class Salah and Van Dijk higher. Coutinho and Alisson are probably about level.

Sorry I probably should’ve been more specific. I meant footballing talent e.g., technique, first touch, etc.

Course I would have him back , he's one of the best players in the world, but chances of it happening are close to zero. Cost a fortune and he forced a move mid season when we needed him. The club didn't know Salah, Bobby and Mane would step up and plug the gaping hole he left. Not worth thinking about really

• Upvote 2

As a person. Absolutely not, fucking  Michael Owen, Steve Mcmoneyman, Fernando Torres little cunt. 

As a player. Yes,  he'd walk straight into the " half space " as Jürgen likes to call it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Course I would have him back , he's one of the best players in the world, but chances of it happening are close to zero. Cost a fortune and he forced a move mid season when we needed him. The club didn't know Salah, Bobby and Mane would step up and plug the gaping hole he left. Not worth thinking about really

Pretty much exactly this.

Obviously, yes. And obviously it isn't happening.