You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Timo Werner

Captain Turdseye

17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

He looks great in the build up and constantly a threat but not sure we another erratic finisher

I cannot think of any clinical finishers who would be available this summer .  The number of chances we make in general  would help and erratic or not I reckon he a 20 a season player. 

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

He looks great in the build up and constantly a threat but not sure we another erratic finisher

Conversion rates from big chances this season:

97e4cb3fe71d9e62d5b5fac822a9d3ba.png

Salah is 50% & Werner is 55%

All players miss chances - even Messi! 

Werner is converting his big chances more than any of the above & our own Salah / Mane this season.

First time I’ve watched him properly was last night.  I thought he was the best player on the pitch.  Had a couple of chances he should have buried, took his penalty well and was creating all sorts with his movement.  The one moment which I enjoyed most was when he had the opportunity to take the ball into the box and get a shot off but unselfishly stepped over it letting it run to a teammate who had the easiest chance of the night but missed.  It’s the sort of ethic that makes our team so good and it’s good to see he’s got it especially in the big games and big moments.

He's no slouch apparently;

As well as being a deadly finisher and fine provider for teammates, RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner's standout attribute is undoubtedly his blistering pace. But unlike his ability in front of goal, speed can't be trained in the eyes of Leipzig's No.11.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/timo-werner-you-can-t-train-speed-rb-leipzig-germany-striker-8542

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Somebody on the forum said he wasn't fast. Can that person please pack their bags and get the fuck?

Yeah, that was quite, quite silly. I mean, not quite as bad as those calling out Suarez for being a shit finisher or those who said there was no difference between Alisson and Karius, but pretty silly. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Er.. You can train for speed. You might not become the fastest but you can get faster. 

You can improve, but you’re still limited by your natural ability. I think that’s what he means. You can’t train Bonny to be as quick as Werner, for example.